Who's getting One Piece Unlimited World Red today?

#21TeremeiPosted 7/14/2014 8:13:39 PM
I was gonna get it, but I've been spending money collecting for PS2 and N64 lately. I don't view this as worth the $40. Plus I still have that 3DS one piece limited physical release RPG that I haven't played it. It's been called average at best but it looks interesting enough to me.
---
B2 FC: 3268 4276 3305
#22nimerjm37Posted 7/15/2014 6:47:43 AM
Teremei posted...
I was gonna get it, but I've been spending money collecting for PS2 and N64 lately. I don't view this as worth the $40. Plus I still have that 3DS one piece limited physical release RPG that I haven't played it. It's been called average at best but it looks interesting enough to me.

Way to go on the N64/PS2 collecting, but a bit of advice: DO NOT open your copy of Romance Dawn. Just return it to the store and be happy someone saved you from the depths of its suckiness. Here's my review for that abomination of a game:

http://www.gamerstemple.com/game-reviews/3ds/8834/one-piece-romance-dawn-review
---
Finally caught 'em all: http://imgur.com/a/i3b4T (Updated for X/Y)
My Dragonball Z tattoos: http://imgur.com/a/K5b24
#23lastexile28Posted 7/15/2014 8:20:29 AM
I really want to get it, but I'm holding out hoping for it to go on sale (either digital or physical). Seems Bandai games go on one of the weekly sales not long after releasing...I got DBZ boz for just $10 bout a month after it came out
---
Y: 2122-6243-3948
#24NinjaPirateDoodPosted 7/15/2014 8:47:09 AM
Its like a watered down Kingdom Hearts mixed with a better version of Batman AA's counter mechanic.

that's what I thought when I looked at gameplay, and I cannot STAND when games drum up old villains and locations like that (old to me, an anime viewer). Kingdom Hearts Syndrome, indeed. maybe I'll consider it later when it's cheaper.
---
"All according to keikaku >:)"
[Translator's Note: "keikaku" means "plan"]
#25Gamemaster64Posted 7/15/2014 9:46:04 AM
NinjaPirateDood posted...
Its like a watered down Kingdom Hearts mixed with a better version of Batman AA's counter mechanic.

uh no. AA counter is a whole lot better then this.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#26WiiareVenomPosted 7/15/2014 9:59:37 AM
Gamemaster64 posted...
NinjaPirateDood posted...

uh no. AA counter is a whole lot better then this.

AA counter doesn't block blades or bullets<.<....
---
"Its like Megaman and Castlevania had a baby and that baby got hit with a shovel." ~ Maverick_Reznor on Shovel Knight. Pokemon X FC: 5155 3151 4613.
#27S1lver_BulletPosted 7/15/2014 10:45:12 AM
I was constantly doubting the game and researching whether it's worth buying or not
I assumed meh... probably one day (5 hours) is enough to finish the game and get bored by it then I got it and I already spent 40 hours into the game....
#28bh7812Posted 7/15/2014 11:06:04 PM
nimerjm37 posted...
Teremei posted...

Way to go on the N64/PS2 collecting, but a bit of advice: DO NOT open your copy of Romance Dawn. Just return it to the store and be happy someone saved you from the depths of its suckiness. Here's my review for that abomination of a game:

http://www.gamerstemple.com/game-reviews/3ds/8834/one-piece-romance-dawn-review

You really shouldn't be reviewing any video games, honestly. The game is FINE. There's nothing really mechanically wrong with it. Some sections of it are a bit repetitive, yes. And there's a LOT of reading (reading a lot doesn't bother me.). But more importantly it seems to be really faithful to the manga/anime. That's what people need to judge these games on-how faithful they are to the source material as well as how much of the atmosphere it conveys. The latter this game does very well with. It's an average action RPG that stays very faithful to the original material. No, it's not for everyone. But, if you can tolerate some repetition, a lot of reading and love One Piece it's worth the time. I didn't know too much about One Piece and even I've enjoyed the several hours I've played so far, nothing in what I wrote screams "abomination". Sounds to me you couldn't stomach it and like so many others don't want to read more than a few paragraphs of story. That's all good and well but to call it an abomination is unfair to the game and an injustice to it. I'd give it a low B or low 80s.

I just think...you game reviewers want Internet fame, free games or money. I do not think too many of you care about the games at all. All you guys seem to want to do is tear apart anything not Halo or COD. You go out of your way to nitpick and find any reason to give non-mainstream games poor reviews. It's old and needs to stop. But hey, enjoy the free games the rest of us have to pay full price for, having to work dead end jobs to earn the money for them. Enjoy slamming these games just because and let's not judge them on individual merits or what they do right.

Major overhaul of game journalism needed. No more early, free copies of games, overhaul of the way these games are reviewed as well. No more Internet frat club of games "journalists" brainwashing mainstream people into FPSes and that's it.

Poor "journalism" here folks by a crap "journalist". Get some perspective, and quit firing off the word abomination for every non FPS game every review.

Don't let this obviously jaded review scare you away from Romance Dawn, guys. It's a totally serviceable, technically competent action RPG that's enjoyable for both fans and non fans of One Piece. It's worth the time to look into if you like RPGs and want a decent new one to play.