Hows One Piece?

#1XNo_FearXPosted 7/17/2014 6:05:41 PM
Im thinking of picking it up for vita but how does it compare to the 3ds version? My gf bought it for 3ds and its alright.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
#2MetalZoicPosted 7/17/2014 6:10:24 PM
I'm really liking it.
Never played a different One Piece game though so I can't compare. I've also never seen the show or even know what it's about, so I have no idea if the story or characters are correct.

Game itself is pretty damn cool though. Graphics and cell shading on the characters is done well. The combat is pretty fun and cinematic at times. Characters and dialogue is pretty cool and bizarre. Chicks are hot and stacked.

I'm really glad I bought it.
The only thing I don't like is the rpg like micro management of items, power-words (which I mostly don't even bother with). Loot and rpg elements are super lame, but the rest is good enough to make me overlook it.
#3SMT_MasochistPosted 7/17/2014 6:46:36 PM
It's the same as the 3ds minus 3d but sharper graphics. I really like it. You have a town hub, missions, side missions, and hunting/farming aspects. The fighting is kind of like dynasty warriors or more accurate pirate warriors. Limited move set. Some of the characters are a must for your party of 3 while others are pretty worthless except for accessing certain areas/triggers.
---
Games: Watchdogs, Toukiden, SK:Burst, GE:Burst
PS3/Vita/PS4/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398
#4PatricusMaximusPosted 7/17/2014 7:12:47 PM
I really like how you are able to go to either mode, story or coliseum pretty quickly. I haven't finished either yet but usually i'll beat a story chapter then go to the coliseum for a little while. I'm really enjoying it. And it looks gorgeous on the vita.
#5Sexy_L4DYPosted 7/17/2014 7:17:17 PM
SMT_Masochist posted...
It's the same as the 3ds minus 3d but sharper graphics. I really like it. You have a town hub, missions, side missions, and hunting/farming aspects. The fighting is kind of like dynasty warriors or more accurate pirate warriors. Limited move set. Some of the characters are a must for your party of 3 while others are pretty worthless except for accessing certain areas/triggers.

Pretty much this. The game has more depth than I thought it would. You can switch to other members of your party which comes in handy during boss battles.

Fun game. Coliseum mode adds more replay value too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yKUD2k6.gif
Leader and member of the Eva Marines fan club! Current members: 14
#6Merc123Posted 7/17/2014 8:04:12 PM
I have it on both PS3 and Vita. On PS3 its gorgeous, great textures, cell shaded graphics and framerate. On vita it still looks very nice but the frame rate dips here and there, mostly during the big bosses or intros, not really during gameplay and the textures are a bit worse but still very nice.

I imagine the 3DS version doesn't have the framerate drops since its the native platform for it, others are ports. The Vita would have the higher resolution though. 544p vs 240p. The game does not have 3D on 3DS from what i hear.

Its pretty fun and i love it, but i am a huge One Piece fan. Its got a good amount of main characters and they all play pretty differently fulfilling a different role. There move sets are kind of small though. The Battle Arena is pretty fun though and offers some more reputability.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#7XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 9:42:00 PM
picked up one piece for vita and it looks really good. One thing I like about the 3ds version more is the second screen for the map instead of having to keep pressing start to look at it on vita.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8