NPD Vita ~15K

#1SonytendoPosted 7/17/2014 6:57:11 PM(edited)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121533793&postcount=1492

Fairly good better than before the slim hit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121534207&postcount=1512
Non-Tomodachi Life new handheld games sold <7k retail
Notable releases in the <7k club include
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
Xblaze Code: Embryo
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection

Edit: Remembered this should be in OP, avoids a lot of stupid questions: That is the usual NPD leaker. Very reliable but gives ranges because NPD had banned the distribution of actual numbers.
#2DashingfellaPosted 7/17/2014 6:42:41 PM
I guess that's not horrible considering its lack of availability.
---
I <3 Vita
#3INKU48Posted 7/17/2014 6:50:03 PM
dat neptunia pp boost

#beastmode
---
Shahid's alt
#4shadowenclave47Posted 7/17/2014 7:00:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5alamazing1234Posted 7/17/2014 6:59:47 PM
Ouch, I hope this doesn't discourage publishers from keeping up the stream of localizations. Does anybody have American numbers for these series on PS3?
#6talesfan215Posted 7/17/2014 7:04:33 PM
I honestly think this will be the last year of good Vita releases. I hope they at least keep localizing games, since Vita is pretty healthy in Japan.
#7RandPCPosted 7/17/2014 7:04:50 PM
What other new handheld games were released in retail last month?
Atelier Rorona, Neptunia: Producing Perfection.. anything I'm missing?

Just trying to get a read on the sub 7K for all non Tomodachi new retail games.

Can't comment much on Vita sales. Their way below abysmal and into the barely existent range, but when it's almost impossible to find that doesn't really say much.
Kinda embarassing that 2 of the last 3 months the Vita has been near impossible to find.
It's a tough enough sell when it's actually available for purchase without being artificially hindered by Sony's apparent inability to manufacture them.
#8RandPCPosted 7/17/2014 7:09:19 PM
shadowenclave47 posted...
What sales are these from? US? EU? Both?

US.

To add to handheld releases last month, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark on 3DS.
I'm actually mildly interested in that one if I ever see it super cheap. Reviews are crappy but I like SRPG's, and Wayforward usually does decent games.
#9Sonytendo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 7:10:12 PM(edited)
RandPC posted...
What other new handheld games were released in retail last month?
Atelier Rorona, Neptunia: Producing Perfection.. anything I'm missing?

Just trying to get a read on the sub 7K for all non Tomodachi new retail games.

Can't comment much on Vita sales. Their way below abysmal and into the barely existent range, but when it's almost impossible to find that doesn't really say much.
Kinda embarassing that 2 of the last 3 months the Vita has been near impossible to find.
It's a tough enough sell when it's actually available for purchase without being artificially hindered by Sony's apparent inability to manufacture them.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red(3DS/PSV)
Farming Simulator (3DS/PSV)
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (PSV)
Xblaze Code: Embryo (PSV)
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection (PSV)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (3DS)
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (3DS)

Dry month for retail.
#10Lucretia_MercesPosted 7/17/2014 7:19:30 PM
That might be attributable to the lack of current supply. We'll know for certain in the future NPD results in the next couple months. Either way, its a disheartening number. I want to see much higher since last month was 56k. Sony needs to hasten their shipments since there seems to be genuine consumer interest in the system now.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Bayonetta 2, Phantasy Star Nova, Ar Nosurge +, Final Fantasy Explorers, Fatal Frame V, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Tokyo Shinseiroku.