ratchet and clank vs Gow collection + whats controls for each game on Vita?

#1Sami1000Posted 7/19/2014 8:03:20 PM
Any issues with either one? I mean like fps dips, crashing, or bugs?

If anyone could tell whats the controls are for both collections, and can you remap anything i would appreciate it. Also, your opinion of both would be helpful as well.

I don't know how well i would do in Gow on Vita, for the lack of gamepad (i get sweaty palms on difficult games). Ratchet and clank seems good as well and i have never played any of those games.
#2ReactiveFuturePosted 7/19/2014 8:51:26 PM
Both are good. Both have some sound glitches frame rate is usually around 30fps, but god of war will drop into the 20s every now and again.

God of war has a trophy bug that can be bypassed by restarting the vita every time you play it.

Ratchet has an issue with Ratchet 2 crashing a lot and hyperactive spaceship controls. Bars for the suck cannon and oxygen also don't leave the screen all the way until you switch scenes.

Ratchet maps strafing to the back touchpad, god of war uses it to open doors and chests and stuff. No remapping on either.

Overall, both are enjoyable but if you have them on ps3 or even ps2 then you might not worry about buying them. I'd still recommend them just because they're semi exclusive, and its probably all we'll see from these franchises besides PSNow.
---
Metal Gear. Metal Gear is life.
PSN: ReactiveFuture
#3Pics_nao_plzPosted 7/20/2014 6:46:04 AM
The entire back touch is mapped for strafing?
---
http://i.imgur.com/40Xvf.jpg
You like yes?
#4Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 8:03:35 AM
ReactiveFuture posted...
Both are good. Both have some sound glitches frame rate is usually around 30fps, but god of war will drop into the 20s every now and again.

God of war has a trophy bug that can be bypassed by restarting the vita every time you play it.

Ratchet has an issue with Ratchet 2 crashing a lot and hyperactive spaceship controls. Bars for the suck cannon and oxygen also don't leave the screen all the way until you switch scenes.

Ratchet maps strafing to the back touchpad, god of war uses it to open doors and chests and stuff. No remapping on either.

Overall, both are enjoyable but if you have them on ps3 or even ps2 then you might not worry about buying them. I'd still recommend them just because they're semi exclusive, and its probably all we'll see from these franchises besides PSNow.

I'm glad i made this topic. Now i know i won't be buying Ratchet and clank collection. I don't support broken products, and unless the game gets patch which is confirmed to fix the crashing, the developers won't get any money from me.

This is really disappointing. First the Jak collection runs like ass, and now Ratchet and clank is out too. I wonder why they even bother making those ports if they are going to half ass them anyway.

Thanks for telling me about this. God of war it is then.
#5FKRW4LifePosted 7/20/2014 8:18:01 AM
How can they put strafing on the back touch pad?! Thats awful, why not have the weapon wheel there and leave strafing to L & R?! Ugh.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#6JimHeraldIsMePosted 7/22/2014 6:23:53 PM
Sami1000 posted...
ReactiveFuture posted...

I'm glad i made this topic. Now i know i won't be buying Ratchet and clank collection. I don't support broken products, and unless the game gets patch which is confirmed to fix the crashing, the developers won't get any money from me.

This is really disappointing. First the Jak collection runs like ass, and now Ratchet and clank is out too. I wonder why they even bother making those ports if they are going to half ass them anyway.

Thanks for telling me about this. God of war it is then.

Actually only the physical version crashes.If you get it digital it works just fine.