Oreshika getting slammed by Japanese players...

#1Spade21XPosted 7/23/2014 8:25:24 AM
Oh boy first Freedom Wars now this~
http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-is-getting-slammed-by-japanese-players-on,53cfdc85025312186c311af6
---
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) | One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885
#2Gandalf the IstariPosted 7/23/2014 8:28:44 AM
Sounds like it depends on preconceived notions - maybe it will fare better here since the first was never released.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#3stargazer64Posted 7/23/2014 8:31:04 AM
Here's the gist so people don't fall for this bait:

On Amazon Japan, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines currently sits at 2 out of 5 stars, and this isn’t due to the game being unbalanced, which was the case for Freedom Wars, another Vita game recently published by Sony. Instead, the issue pertains to Nueko, a character in the game.

Nueko is the goddess that sacrificed her own life to save the family with the cursed bloodline. Out of the 170 reviews on Amazon, around 70 of them contain some sort of negative feedback regarding her. Over 92 reviewers out of those 170 have also given the game just 1 star.

One reviewer stated: “At first it was exciting, but the further I got, the more it became a Nueko game. I wonder why. The lead character’s family is basically just there… as Nueko’s bodyguard…”

“Everything about the game’s story is centered around Nueko,” said another. “The boss character has no interest whatsoever in the protagonist’s family, and seems to only care about Nueko.”
---
"Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself." - Doc Holliday in Tombstone
#4RygonPosted 7/23/2014 8:34:47 AM
The complaints seem to be about the player's character being less important than this Goddess to the central plot. That's not something I would dislike. I prefer my characters to play a role in a larger world. It always annoys me when 7 children are the strongest most important people in the world and no one else matters.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#5Spade21X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 8:36:33 AM
Yeah. Since I had no idea about this (meaning no expectations of any sort) I'll most likely end up getting it still.
---
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) | One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885
#6filanimetorPosted 7/23/2014 8:40:44 AM
Well, the story should revolve around you but that's seems to be not the case.
---
Just because someone is interested in a game that you are not interested in,
doesn't mean that you have to suddenly hate them.
#7MetalZoicPosted 7/23/2014 8:41:21 AM
I'm not interested in the game myself, but "story" is generally something I care nothing about (unless I can't skip dialogue and cut-scenes then it makes me furious!). So if I were going to buy it, this wouldn't bother me.

Your sig is what I gave as my quote for my 10 year reunion yearbook!
#8falloutbeast101Posted 7/23/2014 8:41:36 AM
Not really a big deal for me to be honest. Gameplay>>>>>>> Story every time.

Though, the part where you need Nueko to defeat certain enemies is a weird design choice. I hope they patch that.
---
GUST OF WIND DANCE
#9stargazer64Posted 7/23/2014 8:46:54 AM
MetalZoic posted...
I'm not interested in the game myself, but "story" is generally something I care nothing about (unless I can't skip dialogue and cut-scenes then it makes me furious!). So if I were going to buy it, this wouldn't bother me.

Your sig is what I gave as my quote for my 10 year reunion yearbook!

Woo hoo!
---
#10Gen2000Posted 7/23/2014 8:50:30 AM
The commercials for this series was pretty amazing for their continuity, would have great if I played the originals back in the day and experience the growth of them as they were released.

The news of the game getting slammed is unfortunate.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....