Just bought a Vita - very impressed so far!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Just bought a Vita - very impressed so far!
1 year ago#1
Just thought I'd say hey to everyone here on the Vita board. I bought one at the weekend but have only today really got around to playing with it.

I must say, I'm impressed. I bought one because I got a great deal from where I work and also knew I had a ton of games in my download list due to Cross-Buy and stuff from my PS3. I bought the slim console with Borderlands 2 and a Lego pack and it's great.

I'm basically here to ask what games you guys would recommend for me. I'm not really into RPGs apart from Pokemon and a few other exceptions but I'm not gonna totally disregard them if you have good reasons to recommend.

Games I have so far are:

Borderlands 2
Lego Bundle (Batman, Batman 2, Clone Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter 5-7)
LittleBigPlanet (LOVING this)
PASBR
Little Deviants
Motorstorm RC
Dead Nation
Wipeout 2048
Jak & Daxter trilogy

Plus a few other PSP and PSX games which I already had.. I also plan on picking up the Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Killzone, Uncharted and Tearaway on Friday when I get paid.

Edit. I'm from the UK btw so I have to comply to the EU PSN Store.
---
PSN/GT: LukeyC224. 3DS FC: 0001-3497-9073
--- Dammit! WWJBD?---
1 year ago#2
awesome
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
1 year ago#3
Enjoy the ride choo choo
1 year ago#4
If you're into platformers, check out Rayman Origins/Legends

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is fun even if you're not a golf fan

Need for Speed: Most Wanted if you want an open world racing game
---
"West side, when we ride, come equipped with game..." - Tupac Shakur
PSN: demon__650 (that's two underscores)
1 year ago#5
west coast style posted...
If you're into platformers, check out Rayman Origins/Legends

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is fun even if you're not a golf fan

Need for Speed: Most Wanted if you want an open world racing game

Thanks. I forgot to mention Rayman Legends in my "to buy" list.. I have it for Wii U and 100% it but it's an absolute gem so I will be getting it for Vita!
---
--- Dammit! WWJBD?---
1 year ago#6
Nice! Glad you like it. :-)

I recommend you look into Muramasa Rebirth(it's currently available for "free" on PS+) and Dragon's Crown. They're both side scrolling games. Muramasa has two main characters(4 others through DLC). It's a hack and slash type game with amazing boss fights and you collect/forge different blades as you progress. Dragon's Crown is reminiscent of Golden Axe with a deep emphasis on loot. It has online and you can do dungeons with other players.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Bayonetta 2, Phantasy Star Nova, Ar Nosurge +, Final Fantasy Explorers, Fatal Frame V, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Tokyo Shinseiroku.
1 year ago#7
Welcome: I'd recommend looking at the Vita's fighting game library. You can't go wrong with any of the available titles.

Also going to add in the Project Diva games if you're okay with music games with a vocaloid twist.

Muramasa Rebirth is a fun side-scrolling action game with some degree of rpg elements -- that is, if you haven't played the Wii version before.
---
How to relieve stress by lordcloudx: http://youtu.be/TwuZ6_HFc_g
1 year ago#8
There's a cross buy deal going on for the next upcoming games:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/69699171

I recommend getting PS+ to get muramasa rebirth free, sound shapes discounted and preordering hohokum with other games listed in the topic i linked.
1 year ago#9
there is a superhero sale for some vita games...check it out
1 year ago#10
Miramusa sounds great but I also should have mentioned that I'm in the UK and it doesn't appear to be on out PSN store.

Edit. Never mind. I found it.
---
--- Dammit! WWJBD?---
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Just bought a Vita - very impressed so far!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived