Before I get into the Sword Art hype

#1XCrossYZPosted 7/25/2014 7:23:49 AM
- will it be only digital?
- what game from the GCN/PS2/Xbox ere would you say it's comparable to
- optional bosses?
- does it have a cliche anymore story that would put me off, or is the action RPG style enough to make me look past that?

Thanks for the answers mates.
---
Skoo Skoo Skoo
Ooooo ooooo oooooo oooo #basedgod
#2yukitoPosted 7/25/2014 7:29:43 AM
XCrossYZ posted...
- will it be only digital?
- what game from the GCN/PS2/Xbox ere would you say it's comparable to
- optional bosses?
- does it have a cliche anymore story that would put me off, or is the action RPG style enough to make me look past that?

Thanks for the answers mates.

-digital only in NA and EU. The Chinese release has Engrish is you really, really want physical
-probably .hack?
-lots of optional content in general, including bosses, quests, dating some of the characters, you can even help out NPCs to level and keep them from dying in boss encounters (I think the only reward for this is a trophy for not letting anyone die)
-no clue
---
To be fun fun fun, mirror world - Baby burn burn burn, stand by my side.
-Yusketeers
#3Trigger99XPosted 7/25/2014 7:44:47 AM
^ this
#4natchu96Posted 7/25/2014 8:26:22 AM
The characters are faithfully represented from both the anime and LN points of view. The plot itself . . . well, it's textbook SAO really, not much else to say. Though you don't see the Aincrad plot move on very often and the Hollow Area plot takes a bit of exploring to finish (so it's still rather spaced out. Just less).

All the blushing and blatant crushes might be too much though.

But the combat itself is pretty good, I assure you. Anybody who says it's button mashing likely did not get far. Mashing O will be a decent solution for maybe an hour or two but will quickly get you killed once you finally stop fighting those trash mobs outside the first few towns.
---
"Whoa, is that a scythe?""It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!"
-Ruby Rose, bragging to classmates at age 15, RWBY
#5XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 8:28:19 AM(edited)
Damn the digital thing is a deal killer. I didn't play .hack for long, borrowed it from a friend and gave it back cuz that game was huge! But again if it takes up too much storage that would kill the deal. Not saying I thought .hack was bad, just that I had a lot of games ATM so I wouldn't be able to invest time on it (Monster Hunter and FF12 took mots of my PS2 gameplay at the time)
---
Skoo Skoo Skoo
#6Deimos259Posted 7/25/2014 8:35:35 AM
natchu96 posted...
The characters are faithfully represented from both the anime and LN points of view. The plot itself . . . well, it's textbook SAO really, not much else to say.

Oh

Not buying it then
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Pontos
#7GigaDogqHDPosted 7/25/2014 8:56:24 AM
One other point to make as I was thinking of importing the physical version. SInce PSN is region locked you wont be able to get the supposedly free DLC that adds 30+ hours.
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#8XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2014 8:58:16 AM
GigaDogqHD posted...
One other point to make as I was thinking of importing the physical version. SInce PSN is region locked you wont be able to get the supposedly free DLC that adds 30+ hours.

Wait wuuuu
---
Skoo Skoo Skoo
#9hustlin_pimpstePosted 7/25/2014 9:03:57 AM
Ok, derailment time. I have NEVER played any of the .hack games and would love to try one.

I have: PS4, PC+Shield, Vita, 360 (do have a lot of other older machines but would rather leave them in their boxes tbh) so what chance do I have of experiencing one of them?

If any, which one, etc? Cheers.
---
CHEEKI BREEKI!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh_p20lHqtA
#10Darkstorm16Posted 7/25/2014 9:06:21 AM
I just wonder how much memory will I need to prepare for this.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Currently playing: Ultima 2 (PC)/Yugioh wc 2011 (DS)