Is it ''OK'' to leave the Vita ON for a week?

#31siberian142Posted 7/28/2014 10:39:56 PM
mjnoir1 posted...
siberian142 posted...
mjnoir1 posted...
so many lazy ppl. is it that much trouble to turn it on when you want to play?

...why turn it off if it's perfectly fine in standby mode? What's the point of convoluting convenience?

convenience? It takes like 3 seconds to turn on...wow.

Yes convenience. The Vita lasts a long time while in standby mode, and you can leave your games running while it's in standby mode. Instead of turning it on and off and starting your game again, you can pause the game and go into standby mode and immediately carry on later on from where you left off with pretty much no effect on battery.

It's cool that you're compelled to turn everything off when you're done with it, but it makes no sense why you're scorning people for making use of a convenient and intended feature.
#32MivoPosted 7/29/2014 12:33:57 AM
Don't see why not. All my electronic devices are in standby mode most of the time, or even connected to a charger. Those issues (battery memory effect) were a problem many years ago.
#33mjnoir1Posted 7/29/2014 12:44:16 AM
Ooseye posted...
mjnoir1 posted...
is the opinion of one of the biggest trolls here supposed to mean something?

Just as much as the opinion of a furious angry fanboy such as yourself.

ah yes,again seeing anger where there is none. reading comprehension at its finest ladies and gentlemen. also.. where exactly are you getting the assumption im a fanboy?...your ass? a fanboy of what exactly?

oh wait..I remember now. trolls throw around condescending buzz words even when they dont fit the situation.
#34iRPGluvverPosted 7/29/2014 12:47:00 AM
I switch off the rest of my devices but Vita's sleep mode is just gold. I can stop playing anytime and just resume during a boss fight or whatever. That's my reason to leave it on.
---
Go out with a bang and no one gives a damn - The story of Kimahri, by vsalinas005
#35MetalZoicPosted 7/29/2014 7:31:04 AM
siberian142 posted...
Yes convenience. The Vita lasts a long time while in standby mode, and you can leave your games running while it's in standby mode. Instead of turning it on and off and starting your game again, you can pause the game and go into standby mode and immediately carry on later on from where you left off with pretty much no effect on battery.

It's cool that you're compelled to turn everything off when you're done with it, but it makes no sense why you're scorning people for making use of a convenient and intended feature.

Exactly. There's no real reason to turn it off and convenient and beneficial reasons not to.
I'm surprised people turn it off at all.
#36OoseyePosted 7/29/2014 7:47:27 AM
mjnoir1 posted...
a fanboy of what exactly?

Of being being an angry little man.
---
PLAYING: Bayonetta, Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City & Parasite Eve
#37Arctic_Wolf510Posted 7/29/2014 7:59:17 AM
I turn it off when I'm done playing.
#38DogscratchPosted 7/29/2014 9:11:27 AM
Have not turned mine off for prolonged periods in the year I've had mine. I might do the occasional reboot when I got the download bug in the store(fixed I think..), or if something else was going squirrely.

Generally it is in a charging cradle or sitting in standby... It amazes me how good the standby is on the Vita, I can leave it for a week and I swear the battery doesn't seem to move. My 3DS unplugged dies on its own in standby in a day and a half.
---
PS4/Vita/3DS
#39pipitugaPosted 7/29/2014 9:24:54 AM
Got my vita since launch...
And i can count the number of times i actually put it OFF on 1 hand... rly hope it doesnt do anything bad... so far so gud
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica
#40orinn24Posted 7/29/2014 9:32:54 AM
GigaDogqHD posted...
I havent turned mine off in 6 months

What ? how is that possible ?
are you trying to kill your stuff ?
---
My drawings , my art , my life :
http://k-hermann.deviantart.com/