Poll: When VITA Gen is Over, What Do You Think Happens to 1st/2nd party VITA IP?

#21oomomowPosted 7/28/2014 3:36:30 PM
falloutbeast101 posted...
What ever the case, Soul Sacrifice and Gravity Rush needs to stay alive.

---
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.
#22SonytendoPosted 7/28/2014 3:44:35 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
ARMs7777 posted...
Some of those IP's will go to the successor or future consoles and some will get shelved. Its just how sony works. They kill off many of their IP and create new ones.

I'd like to know of examples.

Dark Cloud, Alundra, Syphon Filter, Legend of the Dragoon, MediEvil, Ape Escape. These are just some of the ones that I like and didn't make it to the PS3. I think Syphon Filter had a PSP game. Sony abandons franchises pretty quickly. Luckily they make new ones to make up for it but so many dead games/franchises that we may never see again. I'm sure we could get a better list of shelved franchises if we really tried.
#23j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 3:54:59 PM
Sonytendo posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
ARMs7777 posted...
Some of those IP's will go to the successor or future consoles and some will get shelved. Its just how sony works. They kill off many of their IP and create new ones.

I'd like to know of examples.

Dark Cloud, Alundra, Syphon Filter, Legend of the Dragoon, MediEvil, Ape Escape. These are just some of the ones that I like and didn't make it to the PS3. I think Syphon Filter had a PSP game. Sony abandons franchises pretty quickly. Luckily they make new ones to make up for it but so many dead games/franchises that we may never see again. I'm sure we could get a better list of shelved franchises if we really tried.

Much thanks! That's a lot!
#24ARMs7777Posted 7/28/2014 4:04:06 PM
yeah people are expecting the next uncharted to be the last in the franchise. And uncharted is quite the successful series.
#25j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 4:24:47 PM
ARMs7777 posted...
yeah people are expecting the next uncharted to be the last in the franchise. And uncharted is quite the successful series.

Maybe there'll be a spiritual successor or something; eye candy - tps - cinematic game from ND but a different setting and new characters.

UC4 is a 2015 title right?
#26SoporilBraceletPosted 7/29/2014 12:08:14 PM
Most probably Sony will pull out from the handheld market (or, while less likely, Sony try and get their s*** right the next time around?) and then release most of the noteworthy games in "HD 2-in-1 Collections", maybe for the PS5 or something. The forgotten ones will probably be played via some weird emulator, though probably touch/back pad based games will never see the light of day again except being ROMs.
---
TU FUI, EGO ERIS.
What you are, I was. What I am, you will be.
#27j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 12:44:24 PM
SoporilBracelet posted...
Most probably Sony will pull out from the handheld market (or, while less likely, Sony try and get their s*** right the next time around?) and then release most of the noteworthy games in "HD 2-in-1 Collections", maybe for the PS5 or something. The forgotten ones will probably be played via some weird emulator, though probably touch/back pad based games will never see the light of day again except being ROMs.

Oh.. HD Collections sound realistic.

GR looks pretty good with native res and AA.. would probably look fantastic in HD, better draw distance, better filtering and 60 FPS:

http://img1.livegen.fr/00/00/34/30/0000343030.jpg

http://img1.livegen.fr/00/00/34/30/0000343028.jpg
#28RalizahPosted 8/1/2014 8:33:25 AM
Shelved indefinitely, I imagine. I doubt we'll be seeing another handheld from Sony after it dropped the Vita like a hot potato.