Just finished Final Fantasy 8 for the first time on my vita *no spoilers*

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 8/1/2014 1:39:30 AM
Wow, ending was truly epic, like I was truly surprised in certain segments of disc 3 and 4.

Definitely my favourite FF so far.

I was fond of the setting, thought the story was always great, loved "boosting" my GFs for extra damage.

Onto FF9, which is a favourite to many on this site.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2badboyPosted 8/1/2014 1:46:21 AM
FF9 is my 2nd fav FF after 8.
#3starkkc1Posted 8/1/2014 1:53:25 AM
I would stop at 8
Ff9 good luck with that piece of s****
#4ABWildCPosted 8/1/2014 1:54:07 AM
We can agree on something for once. Have you taken a stab at Omega yet?
---
Born to be Wild
#5ragnarok01Posted 8/1/2014 2:07:56 AM
I love just how long it can take you to beat the final battle epic
#6DarkLagunaPosted 8/1/2014 2:51:38 AM
ragnarok01 posted...
I love just how long it can take you to beat the final battle epic

Only if you didn't take the time to get the ultimate weapons and Draw some good magic to junction.The first couple fights when your commands are sealed are the only difficult parts of the final dungeon; Even Omega is easy if you know his pattern (the Guard command blocks his special move, or you can just cheese it with Invincibility items)

I didn't really like FF8; The Draw system was tedious and dissuades you from using Magic (well, that and the fact that Magic doesn't do all that much damage for being expendable), Limit Breaks can be cheesed and make the game incredibly easy, and most of the characters are stereotypical and shallow, including the main character.

It does have my favorite Final Fantasy character ever, though (thus, my username. =P).

The whole thing with the Guardian Forces and it being why they all magically forgot that they grew up together but later conveniently remembered was really, really lame and forced, too.

I dunno. As an RPG it wasn't horrible; it's not so bad you want to just shut it off and stop playing. It just felt like they tried too hard to change everything and try something new, and it ended up a mess.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#7stawg007Posted 8/1/2014 3:12:00 AM
I loved FF8 and TT is the best mini game ever although it's so fun, got so much depth and so insanely useful that you could spend more time using it or trying to 100% complete it that it shouldn't even be called a mini game
#8starkkc1Posted 8/1/2014 3:54:35 AM
Yeah tryple tryade can anyone say ultimat weapon on disc one.high five if you did it too
#9Freelance_WolfPosted 8/1/2014 3:57:52 AM
glad you liked VIII! It's not a very popular FF game, but it's in my top 3.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#10GotrysPosted 8/1/2014 4:43:30 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
Wow, ending was truly epic, like I was truly surprised in certain segments of disc 3 and 4.

Definitely my favourite FF so far.

I was fond of the setting, thought the story was always great, loved "boosting" my GFs for extra damage.

Onto FF9, which is a favourite to many on this site.

I finished it in 1999. Imagine how epic ending was then.