Vita is big in Asia right? (But adults dont game in Japan)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Vita is big in Asia right? (But adults dont game in Japan)
11 months ago#1
Can somebody explain this if they are in Japan or lived in Japan.
From what I hear, Vita and 3DS are bigger in Japan than here in the US....
But I also hear adults dont game since they have alot of work hours and gamers/otakus/geeks are looked down up in their society.
11 months ago#2
Who are handhelds marketed too........

what age do you see people playing handhelds in anime?

how many people live in japan?
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature #ReleaseDart/Abe
11 months ago#3
marioparty17 posted...
Who are handhelds marketed too........

what age do you see people playing handhelds in anime?

how many people live in japan?

The world may never know...
---
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." ~ Mark Twain
11 months ago#4
Ask kabuto whatshisface, he loves his God given japan
---
3DS: 0619-3452-8910 PSN: I8AllDaBadgerz
"Kebab boy and me united in a common hatred and together we smote KFC dork." - hustling_pimpste
11 months ago#5
It is catered to teenagers and high school/college students mostly. Adults do play handhelds as well. However, you are correct that they don't play as much due to grueling work hours, but if they are on a train/subway going to work, sometimes it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour to get to where they need to be. That's enough time to play something.

Due to the nature of their hours outside of the house (whether it's work or school), most people who do play games would rather buy a handheld so they can take it anywhere. Many don't stay at home for very long or, even if they do, they are tired by the time they come back and would rather just eat/sleep.

Also, one thing to note is the prevalence of arcades, which are way more popular there than they are here in the US. People would rather pay some money and just play at arcades instead of bothering with consoles.
---
PSN/XBL: JayP613
11 months ago#6
Sekami posted...
It is catered to teenagers and high school/college students mostly. Adults do play handhelds as well. However, you are correct that they don't play as much due to grueling work hours, but if they are on a train/subway going to work, sometimes it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour to get to where they need to be. That's enough time to play something.

Due to the nature of their hours outside of the house (whether it's work or school), most people who do play games would rather buy a handheld so they can take it anywhere. Many don't stay at home for very long or, even if they do, they are tired by the time they come back and would rather just eat/sleep.

Also, one thing to note is the prevalence of arcades, which are way more popular there than they are here in the US. People would rather pay some money and just play at arcades instead of bothering with consoles.

Really... thats interesting.

So more popular = Arcades + Handhelds
Less popular = online games and consoles
11 months ago#7
Sekami posted...

Exactly this.

Also, people lie about not playing games. A business student I had said that he used to play games, but outgrew them in his teenage years. I saw him on the train after a lesson playing on his 3DS.

There is a huge stigma against adults playing games, especially perpetuated by women.
11 months ago#8
ITT Asia = Japan only

*leaves*
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
11 months ago#9
Nnamz posted...
Sekami posted...

Exactly this.

Also, people lie about not playing games. A business student I had said that he used to play games, but outgrew them in his teenage years. I saw him on the train after a lesson playing on his 3DS.

There is a huge stigma against adults playing games, especially perpetuated by women.

Seriously?
Why....
11 months ago#10
Nnamz posted...
Sekami posted...

Exactly this.

I had the same thing. Some people are embarrassed to say they watch anime because it is nerdy, but manga is totally OK.

Anyways, I see adults play 3DS on the train everyday I commute.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Vita is big in Asia right? (But adults dont game in Japan)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived