Minecraft or Say Good Bye to My VIta with Tears

#1NuclearKommandoPosted 8/5/2014 11:20:44 PM
I have loved the vita when it came out and for years now since I bought it on my birthday I have always had faith, but now I am truly really really sad as I have spent over $500 on this underdeveloped gaming device that Sony has left to fade out silently.

As I waited and waited for A, A, A Games to be released I started thinking what if none release?

I Would like to wait for minecraft but is it really worth the wait?

As this marks a sad ending. As I need the money, if I do not do anything the vita will be left to dust.

So I dust it off and sell it.

Anyways that was a random poem might not sound like it but :|

So many accessories I have for my vita yet the vita isnt even worth keeping for me now even if it gets hacked including ps vita games. I completely have no sympathy for it since a year ago when it was clear that the vita is not going to get anywhere from what sony has did.

I know minecraft will be an awesome fun game that I would be playing a lot maybe but even my friend is thinking about selling his vita. He got a vita because I did.

What do you guys think? Ditch the vita and grab an android gaming tablet or keep it just for minecraft and if anything good might happen? I cant think of anything righ now that might win me back to the vita, unless a fully functional dual boot android PS Vita OS with sd card capabilities and HDMI Out for cheap. or GTA 5 for $20-30

Thanks for reading this.
#2Glockass1Posted 8/5/2014 11:57:36 PM
This board is worse than LoL GD forums.
---
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png http://i.imgur.com/PgA0Rlc.gif
#3KconvPosted 8/6/2014 12:00:29 AM
Why would you sell it?

Umm Didnt you grab Terraria when it was up a month ago, it's minecraft in 2d and one of the best games in recent memory

Murumasa

Dragon's Crown

If you have a vita and dont have ps+ why not... the best games in the last few months have been consistently on the vita...
#4j2zon2591Posted 8/6/2014 12:08:19 AM
Sell the VITA.
#5NuclearKommando(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 1:16:27 AM
Kconv posted...
Why would you sell it?

Umm Didnt you grab Terraria when it was up a month ago, it's minecraft in 2d and one of the best games in recent memory

Murumasa

Dragon's Crown

If you have a vita and dont have ps+ why not... the best games in the last few months have been consistently on the vita...

I played it with a friend got all the Swagilicous Items and got bored of the game, Muramasa rebirth was a game I wanted to get, now i got it played it. I just feel like i lost interest as a whole in mobile gaming. got 6 days left on my PS Plus, play dragons crown and maybe a good bye.

Because of the vitas poor execution of games, even good handheld portable games dont appeal to me anymore. I got a week to decide to:

A) Spend another $50 for PS PLUS
B) Wait for MC + Maybe (A)
C) Give Up, Sell it. Find something that will capture my interest

Thing is we all know the vita can do anything if the right minds are put to work to develop what ever it is. I tried reading pdfs/manga via PDF to Jpeg Conversion then transporting the files to the vita which takes ages to do the transport.

Lacks simple apps such as:

Ebook Reader
Support for a wide variety of video files
& many more that I forgot about because I lost count
#6xxdark91xxPosted 8/6/2014 1:34:07 AM
NuclearKommando posted...
Kconv posted...
Why would you sell it?

Murumasa

Dragon's Crown

I played it with a friend got all the Swagilicous Items and got bored of the game, Muramasa rebirth was a game I wanted to get, now i got it played it. I just feel like i lost interest as a whole in mobile gaming. got 6 days left on my PS Plus, play dragons crown and maybe a good bye.

Because of the vitas poor execution of games, even good handheld portable games dont appeal to me anymore. I got a week to decide to:

A) Spend another $50 for PS PLUS
B) Wait for MC + Maybe (A)
C) Give Up, Sell it. Find something that will capture my interest

Thing is we all know the vita can do anything if the right minds are put to work to develop what ever it is. I tried reading pdfs/manga via PDF to Jpeg Conversion then transporting the files to the vita which takes ages to do the transport.

Lacks simple apps such as:

Ebook Reader
Support for a wide variety of video files
& many more that I forgot about because I lost count

It's a video game system,not a tablet.
---
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher
#7CervantesLewisPosted 8/6/2014 6:53:26 AM(edited)
I bought 3 games for my Vita yesterday. Installed several more since ps+ and since I just got a new memory card. Then I spent late night hours crawling NeoGAF boards for new wallpapers. Looking forward to quality time with Fully expect to still be playing my Vita well throughout 2015 (and beyond that tbh).

My sincerest advice to you is to take option C. Give up, sell it. Find something that will capture your interest. Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Android exists, right? Look into that if you haven't already I guess.
---
PSN ID: OneSmartBlackBoy
#8Pharsti01Posted 8/6/2014 6:55:40 AM
Wait.... im confused, youre complaining about the lack of AAA games and then youre saying youd be better off playing Minecraft or selling your Vita for a tablet?....

Sure, makes total sense. I say sell it, right now, and enjoy the "games" on your tablet, especially the AAA ones.
#9OoseyePosted 8/6/2014 7:07:19 AM
Kconv posted...

smh or lol? You choose.
---
PLAYING: Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City & Parasite Eve
#10hustlin_pimpstePosted 8/6/2014 8:10:51 AM
You attacking other people's opinions again, Ooze? Seems a bit of a childish pastime to me, but then again I'm not you (thankfully).
---
Watch before pirating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI