Not sure about the credibility but Sony plan to give a bit support

#1S1lver_BulletPosted 8/6/2014 2:37:30 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/06/playstation-mobile-for-android-killed/?ncid=rss_truncated

in short playstation mobile is dead officially and Sony said it will shift focus to helping these folks produce content for the PS Vita and Vita TV instead.
what is Playstation mobile anyway? the gaming on mobile with playstation logo advertised with Xperia a long time ago?
at least it's a good thing to hear even though despite this, gaming on mobile is becoming real with Square Enix Final Fantasy VII and Agito, Bioshock on iOS, One Piece on mobile etc...
#2gadgaurdPosted 8/6/2014 2:40:06 AM
If true, my only thought is: They should support their own f***ing device.
---
Wanna see a bunch of grown ass men consistently fail to understand what "preference" is while making stupid strawman arguments? Visit a system board.
#3shag777Posted 8/6/2014 3:04:37 AM
Meh, i don't think they're going to give us proper support, honestly.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy X HD, Terraria, Soul Sacrifice Delta and waiting for Freedom Wars and SAO: HF
Psn id-->Shagrath96
#4A_PaddlePosted 8/6/2014 3:11:21 AM(edited)
Thanks but no thanks.
I don't want those <24 hour production trash games on Vita.
---
Dislike. Hate. It hates humans. We'll get along.
#5Megaman OmegaPosted 8/6/2014 3:43:16 AM
S1lver_Bullet posted...
in short playstation mobile is dead officially

I remember when Garfield64 and co were convinced that PS Mobile would make the Vita beat the 3DS and sell in iOS device levels. Good times.
---
How to get rid of the new topic sidebar: http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_advanced.html
Message Board Settings -> Topic List Sidebar -> No
#6FKRW4LifePosted 8/6/2014 3:45:10 AM
I thought they were revamping it anyway once unity was announced a few months back.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#7shag777Posted 8/6/2014 3:49:29 AM
Sony it's not the type: they have something which not sells? No problem, they let it die, like they are doing with the vita, pretty much.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy X HD, Terraria, Soul Sacrifice Delta and waiting for Freedom Wars and SAO: HF
Psn id-->Shagrath96
#8OximofoPosted 8/6/2014 3:53:29 AM
shag777 posted...
Sony it's not the type: they have something which not sells? No problem, they let it die, like they are doing with the vita, pretty much.

Except it sells fine the market its designed for.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#9MivoPosted 8/6/2014 3:54:11 AM
I actually feel that Playstation Mobile, as a concept (not the way it was implemented), was a good approach. I don't believe that dedicated handhelds have a future outside of a niche market (I'd like to be wrong about this), so hybrid devices, which includes support for mobile games, may be a way.

Sony are like a hyper active child with an attention deficit disorder.
#10AsunaSAOYuukiPosted 8/6/2014 3:54:34 AM
-waves hand- This is not the support you're looking for.