So I'm about to buy a Vita, got a few questions...

#1TheKingOf-KingsPosted 8/6/2014 4:48:32 AM
Danganronpa 2 must be injected into my veins!

So I've done a little research. I plan on getting both Danganronpas and P4G, but other than that I most likely won't be getting any physical games, so it's going to be digital for me most of the time. Its seems I'm better off getting 2 memory cards and getting a US account (i'm an Aussie) so I can play Ps1 games properly. Is that right? And is it worth getting 2 hefty memory cards? I was planning on getting a 8/16gb for the AU account and getting the 64gb for the US account.

Also, please shout your game recommendations at me as loud as you can.
---
I AM CHAMPION CHRISTMAS!
#2ar4757Posted 8/6/2014 4:54:14 AM
Hey I bought the vita for those two games
---
3DS: 0619-3452-8910 PSN: I8AllDaBadgerz
"Kebab boy and me united in a common hatred and together we smote KFC dork." - hustling_pimpste
#3Lucretia_MercesPosted 8/6/2014 5:09:07 AM
Since you want to focus on digital, getting the largest possible memory card is the best idea. Some of the Vita games are quite large and require 2 - 3gb or more. Some PS1 Classics like Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX require a lot of room as well. I think the best option is to have a 32gb for North America and 64gb for Australia.

Here's some game recommendations.

Demon Gaze
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Dragon's Crown
Deception IV: Blood Ties
Atelier Rorona, Meruru and Totori Plus
Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster
Virtue's Last Reward
Disgaea 3
Soul Sacrifice: Delta
Toukiden
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
Gravity Rush

Upcoming

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Disgaea 4
Tales of Hearts R
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Bayonetta 2, Phantasy Star Nova, Ar Nosurge +, Final Fantasy Explorers, Fatal Frame V, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Tokyo Shinseiroku.
#4A_PaddlePosted 8/6/2014 5:12:48 AM
Lucretia_Merces posted...

Just a correction, since the order matters...
New Rorona -> Totori Plus -> Meruru Plus
But judging by the other games he played, I highly doubt he'll enjoy Atelier games anyways.
---
Dislike. Hate. It hates humans. We'll get along.
#5nononoyesyesyesPosted 8/6/2014 5:17:23 AM
if youre going digi, for me id prefer 2 seperate 64gb. in the long run its an investment.

the more memory bought, the more you save.

even so, is the AU psn store not up to snuff compared to the US psn store for ps1 titles???
sorry im confused as to the "ps1 games properly" question...?

PSN sales do vary per any region, true...

while i wont admonish someone who wants to go completely digi (its your decision to do so) just know that a physi game garners with it more memory space saved. just recently i picked up 7 vita titles. all new/physi and rounding at $5 each to boot. but had i went the digi route idve run myself 10-16gb+ roughly, not to mention the digi price which for any given title hardly ever fluctuates like retail.

as for games pref, to each their own. the vita has a pretty good library so just about any genre is represented well...

gotta figure if youre planning a respectable ps1/psp library, id say easily 30+ games worth of memory space is essential for that (dependant on tastes)

heres my numbers:

vita physi titles: 42
vita digi titles: 22
psp: 10
ps+: 20
ps1: 13
free apps: 9
minis: 12

*now this isnt taking into account the amount of titles that are sitting in limbo. mostly ps+, but still a few ps1 games that i need to shuffle room for. i also have roughly 3gbs worth of music and an additional 3gbs worth of vids. id say i have about 20 titles in limbo.

im nowhere near done. theres many titles im still wanting/waiting till the price is right. not to mention new games on the horizon.

good luck to you and cheers!
#6NCPwnPosted 8/6/2014 5:23:12 AM
Rainbow moon.

Lame title

Best jrpg last gen
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
The Last of Us, NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#7TomakagePosted 8/6/2014 5:24:58 AM
TheKingOf-Kings posted...
Danganronpa 2 must be injected into my veins!

So I've done a little research. I plan on getting both Danganronpas and P4G, but other than that I most likely won't be getting any physical games, so it's going to be digital for me most of the time. Its seems I'm better off getting 2 memory cards and getting a US account (i'm an Aussie) so I can play Ps1 games properly. Is that right? And is it worth getting 2 hefty memory cards? I was planning on getting a 8/16gb for the AU account and getting the 64gb for the US account.

Also, please shout your game recommendations at me as loud as you can.

If you're getting a US account for ps1 games then I suggest you get an EU instead considering I'm pretty sure they have more ps1 games that can't be directly downloaded to the vita (mgs, crash bandicoots etc etc) but US is better in general in terms of sales and prices.
---
PSN - TomaCentral
#8TheKingOf-Kings(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2014 1:03:29 AM
A_Paddle posted...
Lucretia_Merces posted...

Just a correction, since the order matters...
New Rorona -> Totori Plus -> Meruru Plus
But judging by the other games he played, I highly doubt he'll enjoy Atelier games anyways.

I have them on the Ps3. Is the plus version worth it?

And yeah I got it today. Ordered 1 64gb card and am about to order whatever I decide to get for the other. The reason I want a US account for ps1 games is due to the 20% slowdown that PAL games had back in the day that carried over to the downloadable versions. Screw that noise again, after going NTSC I don't wanna go back.

I'm thinking I may as well get another 64gb. I mean its only $30 more...
---
I AM CHAMPION CHRISTMAS!
#9Garage_ManPosted 8/10/2014 1:13:10 AM
Get the big one! You will probably need it with this thing. I don't even think 64gb is enough.....

You'll see, the library is stupid...it just doesn't stop with games! Seems like every week there is something new.
#10zezbruhPosted 8/10/2014 1:14:59 AM
soul sacrifice delta
deception 4
dbz battle of z (srs)
dragon's crown
dw8:XL
gravity daze
killzone mercenary
muramasa rebirth
ragnarok odyssey ace
soul sacrifice delta
toukiden
fez
luftrausers
rogue legacy
spelunky
TxK
guacamelee
hotline miami
blazblue cp
dead or alive 5+
guilty gear
UMvC3
mortal kombat
injustice
hatsune miku project diva f
dj max technika tune
lumines
magical beat
demon gaze
ffx/ffx-2
mind=0
monster monpiece (srs)
ys: memories of celceta
conception 2 (actually this game sucks)
soul sacrifice delta
zero escape: VLR (but only after you've played 999 on the ds/ios)
wipeout

psp:
corpse party (both of em)
dissidia 012
dj max portable 3
gladiator begins
gods eater burst
monster hunter freedom unite

ps mobile:
cytus lambda
musync
rymdaksuibpleinisokpkpbk