Vita driving games?

#1RogerTritonHOPEPosted 8/7/2014 12:26:19 AM
Both English and Japanese releases, what are the best and worst Vita driving games?

You know it's been like 10 years (!!) since I played an F-1 style racing game, something with simple mods like a few sets of tires, engine upgrades. Nothing fancy, nothing along the lines of Gran Turismo.

Need for Speed or any of the specialized Japanese racers (Drift series?) are also fun, so recommend a few.
---
Dividendo eorum lineas. Et rapere ad tempus, antequam necesse capere res nobis. Greatness Awaits. Roger Triton.
http://i.imgur.com/Xp2xw6e.png
#2nononoyesyesyesPosted 8/7/2014 1:44:09 AM
need for speed most wanted was pretty good. after playing the ps3 vers. it felt very solid and on par with the ps3. this is probably your best bet. game was made by criterion and burnout paradise brings back some fond memories.

ridge racer was pretty bad. after finding out the gold pass code included with my sealed purchase expired back in 2012. the lack of car/tracks. left me stymied. it felt like a total cash grab with dlc that felt like it shouldve just been ingame content.

modnation is pretty standard fare. not much to say. i mean, if youve played a modnation youre pretty much know where the series stands. was very surprised to find out the psp modnation was not supported by the vita though.

asphault injection was a bit mediocre but all in all i had fun. seeing how its basically free for phones and beyond that on its like 5th-6th iterration made the game feel/look a lil dated. but i had fun with it.

sonic racing, i tried to get into but it just didnt vibe with me. couldnt really get into it.

spy hunter was just ok. not bad but not necessarily a "racing" title. it wasnt horrible.

motorstorm rc was good for short bursts. i needed a lil nostalgia rc pro am fix.

and last but not least is wipeout. very pretty/fast/fun. a solid entry to the series. very enjoyable.

other then that i have a couple psp/ps1 titles. not really racing persee but fun drving.

pusuit force/psp
twisted metal 1 & 2/ps1

cheers!
#3MivoPosted 8/7/2014 3:40:08 AM
I really like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but I also liked the PC version of it. The port is well-done, though it only runs at 30 fps. Still, very solid, lots of content, and "feels" good.

Wipeout is probably the best racer on the system. Has some issues, particularly load times, but it's a stunningly beautiful game, very fast paced.

The brand-new Table Top Racing is inexpensive (just 5/$6) and actually well done. If you like Micro Machines, you'll like this one too (partly by the same people). Runs at 60 fps without issues. Downsides are the relatively limited content (more may come?) and the menus being touchscreen-only. For so little money it is worth it, though.
#42handsome4uPosted 8/7/2014 3:41:28 AM
i downloaded the table top racing demo and i got a trophy while playing it

does this mean i got the full game l0l or wat
---
only thing bigger than my ego is my mirror
#5RjmhartPosted 8/7/2014 5:11:02 AM
2handsome4u posted...
i downloaded the table top racing demo and i got a trophy while playing it

does this mean i got the full game l0l or wat

It most likely means that if you care about trophies at all they kinda screwed you. You would have to buy the game to get the rest of the trophies. You could just hide the game from your list too.

Most people could care less about trophies though.
---
Zeboyd Games article- Adding passive abilities to shields in turn based rpgs:
http://goo.gl/q7z6U4
#6ImaPCPosted 8/7/2014 5:22:18 AM
Check out Table Top Racing. Very fun game, and it's available at a great price.
#7frludPosted 8/7/2014 5:23:09 AM
I just got my hands on a copy of WRC4 today (out in NA this Tuesday) and so far it's pretty fun.

It can feel a little boring tho since every stage you're only racing against other players' times... but control and graphics wise i'd say it's pretty nice. The vast variety of tracks and cars is really on par with the console version (as i've heard).

if you don't mind getting the NA digital-only copy i suggest you have a look.. it's pretty fun!

Also need for speed was really good, i had that game and almost Platinumed it! :)
#8hustlin_pimpstePosted 8/7/2014 5:28:24 AM
They were planning to make a fantastic modern racer but then they realised the cars would have to be octopodes, you would have to be depicted as a 12 year old half-naked girl and the tracks would need to be made of scented oils for it to sell on the Vita.
---
Dark Souls, Child Edition - by PotatosPls
http://i.imgur.com/jzJAEGX.png
#9stargazer64Posted 8/7/2014 7:18:51 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
They were planning to make a fantastic modern racer but then they realised the cars would have to be octopodes, you would have to be depicted as a 12 year old half-naked girl and the tracks would need to be made of scented oils for it to sell on the Vita.

Awesome
---
"Can mertroid crawl in this one? I want to play like soilent snake and smoke cigerats to get under lazer beams." - toadieman
#10Madgamer4everPosted 8/7/2014 7:50:58 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...

Lmao! Truuu
---
2000 karma yo