Freedom Wars English Version Hands-on gameplay

#21INKU48Posted 8/9/2014 5:21:13 PM
Seems like this game was a big waste of potential but the gameplay looks good and I managed to pre-order it for ~$25 so I'm getting it. I kind of wish they would just remake it and release it in two years in the west instead though.
#22darkphiresagePosted 8/9/2014 5:31:31 PM
Newhopes posted...
CO OP game yup I just lost 99% of my interest in the game.

Uhhh...you do know it can played through completely solo right? All the hunting games can.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#23Null_GainPosted 8/9/2014 5:37:32 PM
Deimos259 posted...
I'll wait for Freedom Wars Ultimate Delta

This seems like a sound idea.
---
I'm pretty sure Strip Clubs do not provide sexual content. They are just there to dance for amusement -furygods
#24XeedrPosted 8/9/2014 5:44:10 PM
I'm not buying a $30 game with in-app purchases and freemium mechanics. Another low-budget first party game from Sony, just like Killzone Mercenary.
#25luna_jjangPosted 8/9/2014 5:48:30 PM
darkphiresage posted...
luna_jjang posted...
From what I've read, AI are supposed to be idiots
And the difficulty is supposed to be harsh and very sudden, there is no gradual increase, it just sky rockets.

The recent patch is supposed to fix these issues, but they say AI is still stupid and difficulty is just slightly less.

So the players do not recommend it to first-time players...

o_O?

Sorry, which part doesn't make sense?

AI, your NPC helpers are supposed to be idiots
And difficulty sky rockets at certain point without warning
---
Waiting for: Freedom Wars, Oreshika, SAO, Ayesha+, Layton VS Phoenix, Pokemon, Persona Q 5 U2 DAN, KH 2.5, Story of Seasons, HM: Lost Valley, TOH R
#26darkphiresagePosted 8/9/2014 6:01:48 PM
luna_jjang posted...
darkphiresage posted...
luna_jjang posted...
From what I've read, AI are supposed to be idiots
And the difficulty is supposed to be harsh and very sudden, there is no gradual increase, it just sky rockets.

The recent patch is supposed to fix these issues, but they say AI is still stupid and difficulty is just slightly less.

So the players do not recommend it to first-time players...

o_O?

Sorry, which part doesn't make sense?

AI, your NPC helpers are supposed to be idiots
And difficulty sky rockets at certain point without warning

Ahhh, you didn't specify helpers. I thought you meant the enemies, so that was confusing. Anyway, no biggie. I never used npc's in MH and rarely used em in god eater. Only used em when I needed to get em killed for their essences in SS and only used em for their weapon blueprints in toukiden. In pretty much all instances, they were borderline useless for anything but meat shields, so I never expect much from npc partners outside of tales and star ocean titles.

That being said, I may need to step outta my comfort zone and use em every mission for this game. I probably can't carry an npc to safety with a giant abductor boot up my ass.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#27Raidens_RevengePosted 8/9/2014 6:03:38 PM
jchill1 posted...
to the people excited about this game, give this a read:
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/29tt7d/freedom_wars_is_a_glass_half_empty_and_painfully/

Read my sig
---
Final Fantasy 15 is a bad ass game and STILL IS both an ARPG and a final fantasy game
Freedom Wars....I'm still getting it, Don't care about you.
#28WhenZebrasgobadPosted 8/9/2014 6:08:58 PM
Null_Gain posted...
Deimos259 posted...
I'll wait for Freedom Wars Ultimate Delta

This seems like a sound idea.

except sometimes with hunting games the expanded version is never released in the west Especially if not enough of the first version sold
---
3ds fc. 0576 4337 5992
#29neogenoPosted 8/9/2014 7:33:42 PM(edited)
jchill1 posted...
http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/29tt7d/freedom_wars_is_a_glass_half_empty_and_painfully/

I keep seeing you post that everywhere FW is brought up. I know how important it is to keep the fanbase informed but I'm already questioning the legitimacy of that review after someone on GAF said this poster was exposed as some kind of FUD to be actively trying to make the game look bad.

Either way, it looks like most people here would much rather see for themselves anyway. Reviews are important. But dont let them be the be all end all for your decisions.
---
Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.
#30inFAMOUSJakey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 9:04:50 PM
neogeno posted...
jchill1 posted...

I keep seeing you post that everywhere FW is brought up. I know how important it is to keep the fanbase informed but I'm already questioning the legitimacy of that review after someone on GAF said this poster was exposed as some kind of FUD to be actively trying to make the game look bad.

Either way, it looks like most people here would much rather see for themselves anyway. Reviews are important. But dont let them be the be all end all for your decisions.

I wanted this too he really good and polished, I was really excited when it was first announced and when it wasn't called Freedom Wars,

First gameplay rolled in and I was still excited but more and more they show i was kinda losing hype but still was very positive when they announced localization

And final product comes out and I have seen enough to understand game because I have played many different 3rd person Hunting/Action games and honestly this game doesn't look that amazing.
Then they add throw around bad designed weapon upgrade system and lack of areas and Abductors

Sure they aren't the main focus of the game's story line, but it still doesn't justify just having like 6 different type boss and just add cannons and shields around it to make it different

I don't know, game honestly is rushed and not polished. They had good idea going but then they just stopped themselves and tried everything to save their money
---
YouTube-inFAMOUSJakey
PSN-inFAMOUSJakey 3DS FC: 1693-2004-2756