Should I sell my Vita for a Vita TV?

#1Spade21XPosted 8/13/2014 6:00:11 AM
My Vita never leaves the house anyways, should I just sell it for $150 to a friend and buy the Vita TV for whatever it may cost on Black Friday? I only own Persona 4 Golden and Danganronpa and all I'm really planning on buying in the future are the other 2 Danganronpa games, P4 Dancing, and Digimon (if localized). Maybe Senran Kagura...
---
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) | One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885
#2MoreLemonPledgePosted 8/13/2014 6:01:49 AM
No.

I own a Vita TV and it's no substitute for the Vita. Only a small collection of the Vita's titles are actually compatible with it.
#3Spade21X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 6:08:45 AM
MoreLemonPledge posted...
No.

I own a Vita TV and it's no substitute for the Vita. Only a small collection of the Vita's titles are actually compatible with it.

Oh really? Why can't it be a substitute for it, are the games not that great looking on it?
---
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3) | One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS)
#4MakMan333Posted 8/13/2014 6:11:57 AM
I think he answered your question. Not all Vita games are compatible.

I'd do some more research, if I was you. See what games you want to play and if they're Vita TV compatible. Go from there
---
Overall best goes to Persona 4. That game taught me how to feel. I've never felt so close to video game characters in my life.-Mcnugget2256
#5MoreLemonPledgePosted 8/13/2014 6:16:57 AM
Spade21X posted...
No.

Oh really? Why can't it be a substitute for it, are the games not that great looking on it?

It's not that the games aren't great looking on it. They look fine.
It's just as I said: The list of compatible games is very small.

If the games use any of the Vita's special features, you have to wait for the developer to update it with Vita TV support. Depending on the games, that may or may not happen. Sony hasn't even done it for most of their first party titles.

You will unable to play over half of the Vita's library.
#6Spade21X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 6:38:11 AM
Well like I said, I really only got the Vita for P4G, Danganronpa series, and Digimon and as far as I'm aware, the first 2 are Vita TV compatible...
Nothing else interests me really. I'm 99% sure that Senran Kagura will be Vita TV compatible, as well as Tales of Hearts.
---
#7west coast stylePosted 8/13/2014 6:46:51 AM
Sounds like you're already leaning towards selling it. Only you know your own gaming habits, so make a choice and go with it. :)
---
"West side, when we ride, come equipped with game..." - Tupac Shakur
PSN: demon__650 (that's two underscores)
#8MrFwibblesPosted 8/13/2014 6:51:58 AM
Sounds like TC has already made his mind up and won't be swayed by people explaining why buying a Vita TV is a really bad idea.

Spade21X posted...
I'm 99% sure that Senran Kagura will be Vita TV compatible, as well as Tales of Hearts.

Tales of Hearts R is not compatible with Vita TV.

You will unable to play over half of the Vita's library.

Only 17% of the games actually work: http://goo.gl/S9ZWs7
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#9LegionSoupPosted 8/13/2014 8:35:45 AM
Anything with touch controls won't work. I'd personally just keep the Vita.
#10chitowngamer85Posted 8/13/2014 5:10:50 PM
If you're still interested in vita games, keep the vita.

If you're over the vita but think the ps4 functionality is worth it, sell the vita.

But it seems like you still want to play vita games. Hang onto it cause most of the games you want probably won't be compatible.

I plan on getting vita TV purely for the remote play functionality.
---
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz. PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS
I'd like to get an XB1, too, but I think my fiance might be upset if I came home with ANOTHER system.