I wasn't worried about Tales of Hearts R's localization before, but with SAO...

#1OrangeCrush980Posted 8/19/2014 11:09:17 AM
Namco was extremely lazy with Sword Art Online's localization; they just copied an awful existing translation and made a few minor tweaks here and there. The end result is still awful. I really hope that Tales of Hearts R gets at least an acceptable localization. Unlike SAO I'll probably buy it regardless, but still...
---
http://i.imgur.com/0Xtvv3Y.png
#2GigaDogqHDPosted 8/19/2014 11:10:36 AM
Wow you beat the game in 27 mins?
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#3pPpPancakesPosted 8/19/2014 11:18:22 AM
GigaDogqHD posted...

This.

I mean, Bandai Namco could have just left the early translated scenes intact and edited the later parts of the game, right? xD
#4BirdieSaMaPosted 8/19/2014 11:20:16 AM
pPpPancakes posted...
GigaDogqHD posted...

This.

I mean, Bandai Namco could have just left the early translated scenes intact and edited the later parts of the game, right? xD

*table flip*
---
PSN: Birdie-no-Okami
#5_alcheimPosted 8/19/2014 4:28:34 PM
But that wouldn't make sense.

I mean, if they were cutting corners in localization due to budget/time constraints, then it'd be more logical to fix the script that appears in the beginning of the game (during the first hour or so of gameplay).

That way, reviewers that only play like a few minutes would get a better impression.
#6HermeticJusticePosted 8/19/2014 4:31:51 PM
_alcheim posted...
But that wouldn't make sense.

I mean, if they were cutting corners in localization due to budget/time constraints, then it'd be more logical to fix the script that appears in the beginning of the game (during the first hour or so of gameplay).

That way, reviewers that only play like a few minutes would get a better impression.

anyone playing this game is

> playing it for more than a few minutes, since it is a niche game with only a hardcore fanbase

it's not like it's a big budget AAA game trying to appeal to casuals, and I don't expect more than 10 semi-professional reviews for this game

> few people are actually going to be playing this game for the writing, much less the punctuation

there are people who bought a completely engrish version from China, if this was a visual novel they obviously would've waited, clearly that didn't think the dialogue was that important
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#7TyrantLowKeyPosted 8/19/2014 4:47:32 PM
Considering the game got a English sub option, I will wait until the game comes out before I care.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Heart Series, SMT: Noctrn, BD (3DS), ToS, ToGF, TotA, ToX, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#8vedoris86Posted 8/19/2014 5:22:28 PM
OrangeCrush980 posted...
Namco was extremely lazy with Sword Art Online's localization; they just copied an awful existing translation and made a few minor tweaks here and there. The end result is still awful. I really hope that Tales of Hearts R gets at least an acceptable localization. Unlike SAO I'll probably buy it regardless, but still...

its already been proven that its a new translation, stop spreading lies, it is not the r3 engrish version
---
PSN vedoris
3DS FC 2277-8069-7350
#9HipHopinRapsPosted 8/19/2014 6:32:20 PM
He's not spreading lies, he's expressing his worries.
---
PSN: Dreamkillah94
#10StrikeNinja24Posted 8/19/2014 6:44:18 PM
vedoris86 posted...
OrangeCrush980 posted...

its already been proven that its a new translation, stop spreading lies, it is not the r3 engrish version

Which is the issue. They still suck apparently.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin