Need help choosing between 2 indies.

#1FRUITpatrolPosted 8/19/2014 5:38:41 PM
Phantom breaker or Rogue Legacy. Never played either, and they have both been on my radar.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, and thank you.
#2LeFeverBeaverPosted 8/19/2014 5:43:43 PM
Rogue Legacy is awesome. Super smooth contols, addictive gameplay/upgrades, light on the story, colorful graphics - I can't really say anything bad about it. Played it non-stop for the first week and a half after getting it.

Never played the other one.
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#3PotatosPlsPosted 8/19/2014 5:44:12 PM
LeFeverBeaver posted...
Rogue Legacy is awesome. Super smooth contols, addictive gameplay/upgrades, light on the story, colorful graphics - I can't really say anything bad about it. Played it non-stop for the first week and a half after getting it.

Never played the other one.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ
FarMaster2008 / kpopluvr / zezprah / zezbruh / zezbrah / 2handsome4u is my brother-in-law
#4DeliFlatChestPosted 8/19/2014 5:44:43 PM
I'm not sure if Phantom Breaker can be considered an indie
But PB is my favorite game on the Vita so far, It is a good beat 'em up
---
Megidolaon for everyone!
Serperior is your Superior. Kirby Triple Deluxe is my portable GotY of 2014
#5lordzezPosted 8/19/2014 5:45:21 PM
both are great choices so you can't really go wrong with either of 'em

that said, rogue legacy will give you more bang for your buck. has tons of replayability and is just downright fun

phantom breaker is good, too. but it's only got around 7 stages (with varying difficulties) and 11 characters to choose from

and it gets repetitive real fast. it's still fun tho. but imo rogue legacy would be the better purchase
---
the vita was created solely for the purpose of SAO:HF
#6FRUITpatrol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 5:46:29 PM
DeliFlatChest posted...
I'm not sure if Phantom Breaker can be considered an indie
But PB is my favorite game on the Vita so far, It is a good beat 'em up

Yeah i wasn't even sure if it was or not, thank you for the clarification.
#7FRUITpatrol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 5:48:47 PM
lordzez posted...
both are great choices so you can't really go wrong with either of 'em

that said, rogue legacy will give you more bang for your buck. has tons of replayability and is just downright fun

phantom breaker is good, too. but it's only got around 7 stages (with varying difficulties) and 11 characters to choose from

and it gets repetitive real fast. it's still fun tho. but imo rogue legacy would be the better purchase

Thank you for your input zez, rogue lgacy is sounding like a great game.