Sony did try to make a succes of the vita

#1enslavetheweakPosted 8/24/2014 1:04:05 PM
Since 2012 the vita has been a console that got a lot of bad press etc. The main problem seems to be the lack of software to play on the device. By explaining why the vita doesn't sell, people use the argument that Sony didn't support the console from the beginning. However, by looking at the library of the machine, you can't say that Sony didn't try at first.
Wipeout, Uncharted, LBP, COD, Killzone, Modnation Racer, Resistance, NFS, Assassin's Creed, Fifa, Mortal Kombat and Streetfighter are all big franchises that usually persuade consumers to buy the console. I have to admit that some of these titles were mediocre, but still should have raise the demand for the vita.
I, as a vita lover, can understand that Sony is 'giving up" and focus there strategy on a more niche market in order to cut the costs. Do you think Sony did enough to make the Vita a success?
#2TokyoTitanPosted 8/24/2014 1:20:06 PM
The overpriced mandatory "Sony" memory card was one of the absolute stupidest decisions Sony could have made in regards to the Vita and a big reason why it bombed so bad.

Now A lot of those games you mentioned like COD and Killzone and Assassin's Creed were just half assed thrown together games just to give the Vita the appearance of having "big name" releases. Now, if you had a PS3 or an Xbox 360, why would you buy a lesser version of the games you already have for the Vita? It makes absolutely no sense. Instead of creating original AAA titles, Sony got those companies to throw together what essentially amounted to crappy ports.

Sony was never all in with the Vita. The marketing was terrible and the memory card issue is a debacle.
#3hustlin_pimpstePosted 8/24/2014 1:32:53 PM
TokyoTitan posted...
The overpriced mandatory "Sony" memory card was one of the absolute stupidest decisions Sony could have made in regards to the Vita and a big reason why it bombed so bad.

So very true.
---
The IT Crowd clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJXww8aizAM
#4BibikiBayBoyPosted 8/24/2014 1:39:45 PM
I, as a vita lover, can understand that Sony is 'giving up"

disappointed. coming from "a vita lover"

sony didn't give up. they still make vita games and all come to west too. one of those is freedom wars, a major title sold more than 2nd best selling vita game in 2013.. it even sold more than Pikmin 3.

vita doom topics are nonsense and i don't usually click them.
---
http://justpaste.it/ff14arr210review
#5locky723Posted 8/24/2014 1:52:01 PM
BibikiBayBoy posted...
I, as a vita lover, can understand that Sony is 'giving up"

disappointed. coming from "a vita lover"

sony didn't give up. they still make vita games and all come to west too. one of those is freedom wars, a major title sold more than 2nd best selling vita game in 2013.. it even sold more than Pikmin 3.

vita doom topics are nonsense and i don't usually click them.

And what else are they making of first party? Murasaki baby? Thats literally it.
#6HermeticJusticePosted 8/24/2014 1:52:52 PM
VITA is a suck cess
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#7warcueidPosted 8/24/2014 2:09:53 PM(edited)
Continue to love my Vita and games i own for it, more than PSP
either way going straight to the point what killed Vita already in Europe:

1. Ultra rate 32gb memory cards and expensive as a freaky hell
2. too much Digital only releases in Europe, so Vita is doomed at this rate

Like i said i love this dam device but as an European im just so pissed off lately
that i need to blow up some steam and get some fresh air today.
(Lastly im glad i picked JP PSN cause this Digital Only trend really sucks lately...)
#8enslavetheweak(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 2:23:33 PM(edited)
sony didn't give up. they still make vita games and all come to west too.

Well actually they are, since Sony already announced that it will not support the vita anymore with first party AAA games.
#9dude_meister512Posted 8/24/2014 2:37:58 PM
TokyoTitan posted...
Now A lot of those games you mentioned like COD and Killzone and Assassin's Creed were just half assed thrown together games just to give the Vita the appearance of having "big name" releases.

Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, yes. Killzone wasn't though. Killzone Mercenary is the gold standard for FPS games on a handheld, period.

CoD and Assassin's Creed though, they did more damage than good. Both sold very well but gave the impression Vita could only do gimped versions of these popular mega-franchises.
#10darkness1018Posted 8/24/2014 2:52:11 PM
enslavetheweak posted...
sony didn't give up. they still make vita games and all come to west too.

Well actually they are, since Sony already announced that it will not support the vita anymore with first party AAA games.

As long as the games from Japan keep coming, I don't really care about first party AAA games. I've been more then happy with my Vita.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, XB1