Sony did try to make a succes of the vita

#51OoseyePosted 8/24/2014 6:32:34 PM
marsvalient posted...
What I find funny is the game your playing according to your sig (Etrian Odessy) is the exact same class of Japanese "shovelware" as most of CH's stuff.

No, see Compile Hearts games depend on, revolve around and sell based on their fan service. While EO has fan service it also has the deep gameplay to back it up. Literally every Atlus developed game I've played has been insanely better than Compile Hearts could ever dream of making.
---
PLAYING: Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City & Xenogears
#52marsvalientPosted 8/24/2014 6:44:10 PM
Ooseye posted...
stuff

EO games just cash in on rehashing the same game over and over again, and again, that's a terribly common trend in Japan, it's also what those CH "shovelware" games are. And a lot of those CH games do actually have some creative and deep gameplay. I mean hell even for it's obviously fanservice front that monpiece card game mixed with whatever that other stuff was was actually quite compelling and kept me playing despite the fanservice being quite subpar.

And I'm an unapologetic pervert, so fanservice is a non-issue with me either way... but when it comes down to belting out the same garbage over and over. You turn a blind eye to what you decide in your head using these contrived rules and dismiss anything to contridict it. Hence fanboy.

EOs are just generic 3d grid dungeon crawlers. A genre which has largely remained stagnant throughout gaming history. And I assume your baseline for CH being the Atlier games, which are generic turn based menu rpgs and aside from a few those are also in the same boat.

Point a finger at the crowd or just a man in the crowd, I point it at the crowd.
---
Official Raid game authority of the Vita boards.
http://imgur.com/a/u8SEN#0
#53HermeticJusticePosted 8/24/2014 6:47:57 PM
marsvalient posted...
EO games just cash in on rehashing the same game over and over again, and again, that's a terribly common trend in Japan

this is a trend everywhere and in everything

it's the easiest and quickest way to make a profit
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#54marsvalientPosted 8/24/2014 6:58:13 PM
HermeticJustice posted...
marsvalient posted...
EO games just cash in on rehashing the same game over and over again, and again, that's a terribly common trend in Japan

this is a trend everywhere and in everything

it's the easiest and quickest way to make a profit

Admittedly you are entirely right. Indies recreate successes of other indies(See: Minecraft and Terraria Clone, Youtube Jump-Scare Fodder), NA companies pump out Shooters like there is no tomorrow, Japan with it's low budget RPG engines with flipped around stories for what it counts...

Yeah... It's depressing and predictable. Guess I'm biased because I expect better from Japan...
---
#55OoseyePosted 8/24/2014 7:01:33 PM
marsvalient spit up...

Maybe it is a cash-in, but it's still a cash-in with GOOD gameplay, unlike CH. It really doesn't matter to me how much money it took for a dev to make a game, all I care is if it's good or not.
---
#56marsvalientPosted 8/24/2014 7:04:13 PM
Ooseye posted...
marsvalient spit up...

Maybe it is a cash-in, but it's still a cash-in with GOOD gameplay, unlike CH. It really doesn't matter to me how much money it took for a dev to make a game, all I care is if it's good or not.

Your opinion, being that you don't like the gameplay doesn't not equate to it being shovelware. The way the company approaches it's production in terms of time and money invested is what makes it shovelware... which is again kinda where it all falls apart doesn't it...

See what I did there? this whole time....
---
#57OoseyePosted 8/24/2014 7:05:37 PM
marsvalient posted...
Your opinion

Man, I can not stand posters that feel the need to point out something is an opinion. Jesus.
---