MY Vita is dead.

#1paperwariorPosted 9/4/2014 6:47:18 PM
And I didn't buy an extended warranty. I suppose Sony is my only option for repair? Because man, $120. -_-
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#2ReZezrsPosted 9/4/2014 6:48:26 PM
What's wrong with it?
#3paperwarior(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 6:49:50 PM
Won't turn on. Blue light, nothing on the screen, won't even load the recovery menu.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#4Flame552Posted 9/4/2014 7:26:45 PM
paperwarior posted...
Won't turn on. Blue light, nothing on the screen, won't even load the recovery menu.

Did something in particular happen to cause that?

Always good to know what is and is not covered under warranty and to make sure your story is something that is covered.
#5ReZezrsPosted 9/4/2014 7:28:46 PM
Can you charge it? If the charge light turns on and flashes orange after like 5-15 minutes it means the battery was severely depleted.
#6dodokikiPosted 9/4/2014 7:30:05 PM
paperwarior posted...

Just to be sure, maybe try holding the power button for 30 seconds and when it turns off press, "R" button + PS button + Power button to enter safe mode.
#7ExaflareBahamutPosted 9/4/2014 7:38:20 PM
paperwarior posted...
press "R" button + PS button + Power button to enter safe mode.

I have a VITA that is like 1 year old and I didn't know such a function (I don't read Manuals)
---
PSN: NeoBahamut46
#8GundamRedPosted 9/4/2014 7:46:23 PM
Hard reset and if that doesn't work take the battery out.
If your vita has the blue light it's definitely not dead.
#9paperwarior(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2014 7:51:10 PM
I realized it has sound and in fact "works" but not the screen. That seems like a hardware problem. And I may have whacked it pulling out of my pocket but not that hard, and it worked yesterday after that would have happened,
---
#10paperwarior(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2014 12:06:09 PM
Well, I've agreed to Sony repairs. The other options don't really save me any money. Gonna be lame not having access to the Vita for a week or two but that's how it goes.
---