can't get into dangan ronpa

#1chitowngamer85Posted 9/4/2014 6:52:20 PM
For those who have played...when does the game start to pick up? I played for a little while the other day but it was taking so long to introduce everyone that I was getting bored.
---
PSN/Nintendo: BigKurz. PS4/Wii U/PS3/Vita/3DS
I'd like to get an XB1, too, but I think my fiance might be upset if I came home with ANOTHER system.
#2PrincessTsukiPosted 9/4/2014 7:08:27 PM
It picks up when they start dying, and it could potentially break you when/if your favorite character dies. I know, I've been there.

Oh, and the Class Trials after each murder are also pretty fun.
---
Some days, I think about my backlog and cry internally.
At least nobody can say I have no games.
#3dr_burger92Posted 9/4/2014 7:12:27 PM
it hooks you when you start putting yourself into the main characters shoes, or ponder the situation or try to determine who killed professor plum in the library with the candlestick.
---
FC: 2664-2858-8812-----Steam ID: viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#4GigaDogqHDPosted 9/4/2014 7:15:36 PM
HERESY!
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#5StrikeNinja24Posted 9/4/2014 7:16:44 PM
If you're not into it by the first trial, you're not going to get into it.

Because it's that another 6 times over or so.
#6MrFwibblesPosted 9/4/2014 7:23:33 PM
dr_burger92 posted...
it hooks you when you start putting yourself into the main characters shoes, or ponder the situation or try to determine who killed professor plum in the library with the candlestick.

It was Colonel Mustard. It's ALWAYS Colonel Mustard.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#7locky723Posted 9/4/2014 7:37:25 PM
I'd say once the first murder is committed, things start going downhill for everyone and the game starts picking up. Not killing though, because people can die from monokuma. I mean the murder of that person I won't mention.
#8leonodoPosted 9/4/2014 8:25:49 PM
You really have to think about the murders to enjoy the game. You can easily just half awakedly go through the class trials just with trial and error and stuff that the other characters reveal. What makes the game fun is when you stop before the red chamber and try to make sense of the clues you're given. My fun with the game was mostly done in my head without touching the control stick
---
Sunshine is overrated...
Pokemon x FC: 0130-2593-2107 Pokemon trainer name: Safyrya
#9apnornagnadPosted 9/4/2014 8:26:39 PM
If you can't get into it then you probably just have bad taste.
#10AssassinHawkinsPosted 9/4/2014 9:14:46 PM
Sounds like you only played for an hour give or take. At that point, you're right, it is a little boring. The game really got rolling for me at the first murder. Which can take a good 4 or so hours. But think of it as less of a game and more as a book or anime series. Once you get hooked, you're in for the long haul.