The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

30% done, sick of the tech demo

#1PajamaHeroPosted 3/5/2012 10:05:45 PM
Charcoal rubbings, log balancing, light sensitive ink, cleaning dirty objects off and combination locks are all really stupid. I'm very impressed with the game but these elements are such tacked on garbage. Thanks for forcing Bend to make a half tech demo half game.
#2mercuryacesPosted 3/5/2012 10:16:03 PM
This is the first time ive heard anyone complain about these things.
#3Dy_WarriorsXoXoPosted 3/5/2012 11:57:21 PM
Really, I have yet to play this game but the touch crap seems ridiculous...

Bend did such a great job with Syphon Filter too... Game looks good besides the touch control fighting.
#4TechniMyokoPosted 3/6/2012 12:52:38 AM
mercuryaces posted...

It's not my first time.
#5AlphaXero87Posted 3/6/2012 4:47:39 AM
I gotta agree a little bit, it feels like they are pushing the touch controls a little too much. You would think they would see from the DS that the touch screen isnt the greatest when forced to use it constantly. Its a nice addition, its useful in some respects and actions, but we shouldn't be forced to use it. Especially when we have a very nice controller already available.
---
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code : 1848-1417-0518
#6awsomemanspiffPosted 3/6/2012 5:38:51 AM
I would just like to point out the light sensitive ink only happens once the locks only happens twice and the cleaning only happens 4 times. So if that's enough spread out over like a 8-10hr game to make you mad or frustrated then you need to not play this.
---
Favorite shows:Arrested development and firefly.
If you're a Christian you're cool. If you're not you're still cool I don't care.
#7pikachupwnagePosted 3/6/2012 7:23:24 AM
mercuryaces posted...

You must not come here very often then.............
---
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order and everthing becomes chaos -Joker
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#8PyjamaHeroPosted 3/6/2012 8:07:40 AM(edited)
awsomemanspiff posted...
I would just like to point out the light sensitive ink only happens once the locks only happens twice and the cleaning only happens 4 times. So if that's enough spread out over like a 8-10hr game to make you mad or frustrated then you need to not play this.

I'm glad they've kept these things limited. I'm definitely not mad or frustrated, as I said I really like the game, but I dislike how both Nintendo and Sony force developers to shoehorn in elements to showcase the full feature set of whatever new tech they have. Hardware developers should have understood the foolishness of this after the litany of terrible games being pumped out during the Wii's launch period. This isn't the only game suffering from this trend, but it feels like one of the poorest fits for this kind of treatment, excepting Marvel vs. Capcom. Making a fighting game function with touch screen controls is idiotic.

EDIT: I'm PajamaHero, forgot to make that clear.
---
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
#9nclrwntrPosted 3/6/2012 9:16:48 AM
PajamaHero posted...
Charcoal rubbings, log balancing, light sensitive ink, cleaning dirty objects off and combination locks are all really stupid. I'm very impressed with the game but these elements are such tacked on garbage. Thanks for forcing Bend to make a half tech demo half game.

Um, that's what a treasure hunter does. You do know that Drake's primary occupation is discovering lost treasures and not a mass murderer right?

Charcoal rubbings is a great use of the touchscreen and fits right in. Same with light sensitive ink, and cleaning dirt off of objects. Treasure doesn't stay pristine over the years.
#10nclrwntrPosted 3/6/2012 9:17:50 AM
rockmatt posted...
awsomemanspiff posted...

I'm glad they've kept these things limited. I'm definitely not mad or frustrated, as I said I really like the game, but I dislike how both Nintendo and Sony force developers to shoehorn in elements to showcase the full feature set of whatever new tech they have. Hardware developers should have understood the foolishness of this after the litany of terrible games being pumped out during the Wii's launch period. This isn't the only game suffering from this trend, but it feels like one of the poorest fits for this kind of treatment, excepting Marvel vs. Capcom. Making a fighting game function with touch screen controls is idiotic.

EDIT: I'm PajamaHero, forgot to make that clear.

The OPTION to play strictly with touch controls is not idiotic.