Trophy question...

#1Xobter_81Posted 4/2/2012 7:33:18 PM
On the one where you have to finish off 10 guys in a row with a single punch, can you die in between kills and keep the streak? Also, does it have to be a punch, or can it be any type of melee?

Any tips on where I should attempt this?

Any help is appreciated.
---
3DS: 2535-3653-9390
#2PiesiaPosted 4/3/2012 10:58:40 AM
Xobter_81 posted...
On the one where you have to finish off 10 guys in a row with a single punch, can you die in between kills and keep the streak? Also, does it have to be a punch, or can it be any type of melee?

Any tips on where I should attempt this?

Any help is appreciated.

Chapter 2, the boneyard. I have a question in the answers section on this very topic. I haven't managed to get it yet, so I'm doing something wrong...

Best regards

Piesia
#3JonTripzPosted 4/3/2012 1:57:17 PM
Just got it last night. Use Chapter 9 on Easy. The area in the very beginning is perfect. When you go down the stairs in the beginning, in that room you'll have a handfull of guys to take out and when the side garage door opens afterwards, you can get the next couple dudes there for the 10 kills needed.

If you die, restart checkpoint or kill anyone with somethin other then a one hit melee attack, you restart the count. It's pretty easy in that area, even with the shotgun holders. You simply shoot an enemy in the chest or legs, once or twice, and run up and melee while they are still stunned. Guarantee one hit kill after that.

I got the help from this guide. Great for help needed with any other Golden Abyss trophies -
http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=PS-Vita-Trophy-Guides:Uncharted:-Golden-Abyss-Trophy-Guide
---
IMO
#4PiesiaPosted 4/3/2012 2:14:31 PM
JonTripz posted...
Just got it last night. Use Chapter 9 on Easy. The area in the very beginning is perfect. Shoot once or twice, and run up and melee while they are still stunned. Guarantee one hit kill after that.

I got the help from this guide. Great for help needed with any other Golden Abyss trophies -
http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=PS-Vita-Trophy-Guides:Uncharted:-Golden-Abyss-Trophy-Guide

Thanks Jon, I'll give this a try!

Piesia
#5Xobter_81(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 2:52:40 PM
Ok great, thanks.
---
#6Xobter_81(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 7:06:20 PM
Got the trophy. Thanks again for the help.
---
#7JonTripzPosted 4/3/2012 7:42:23 PM
Glad I could help.
---
IMO
#8duffloesPosted 4/5/2012 8:02:13 PM
First off, no you can not die and maintain the streak. Second, it can be any melee except one from behind, those count as stealth kills.

I did this at the checkpoint late in the game where Sully and Drake have split paths and Sully is up on a high ledge waiting for Drake to lower a bridge. I liked that it was a big open space with two waves of enemies so I could better set up my kills. I ran all around the map shooting from the hip and meleeing as they staggered. The last guy alive on the first wave was armored, but since he was alone and I was playing on Very Easy, I had time to set up the kill. The second wave brought about 8 more enemies and I killed two or three for the trophy pop. Much easier than chapter 9 which I tried at least 30 times.
---
Everyone on GameFAQ's should be nice to one another.
#9PiesiaPosted 4/6/2012 4:59:58 AM
duffloes posted...
First off, no you can not die and maintain the streak. Second, it can be any melee except one from behind, those count as stealth kills.

I did this at the checkpoint late in the game where Sully and Drake have split paths and Sully is up on a high ledge waiting for Drake to lower a bridge. I liked that it was a big open space with two waves of enemies so I could better set up my kills. I ran all around the map shooting from the hip and meleeing as they staggered. The last guy alive on the first wave was armored, but since he was alone and I was playing on Very Easy, I had time to set up the kill. The second wave brought about 8 more enemies and I killed two or three for the trophy pop. Much easier than chapter 9 which I tried at least 30 times.

OK, I know the one you mean -- it always makes me think of a cemetery (t's chapter 23, I think).

Thanks for the hint! I hope to get this trophy eventually. 8-)

Best regards,

Piesia