Any info on whether the game will have Japanese voices?

#1IhavealotofspacPosted 4/14/2012 10:37:35 PM
or good a English dub?
#2Kanal5nailPosted 4/15/2012 8:58:56 AM
One thing you can be sure of is that it won't have Japanese voices, the Japanese version didn't. In fact its unlikely the game will even have English voice acting, unless that's what they were using the extra time to include.
#3XenoyPosted 4/15/2012 11:06:59 AM
Huh? I could swear I've seen Japanese trailers with spoken dialogue but that was like sometime last year when the game was announced. Do they speak at all like some invented language?
#4Kanal5nailPosted 4/15/2012 11:28:38 AM
Yeah some invented language that sounds similar to French I guess.
#5Ihavealotofspac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 12:01:21 PM
sounds cool, I worried that they'd do a bad dub job for this

more to look forward to now
#6WerzaquePosted 4/15/2012 5:38:23 PM
Xenoy posted...
Huh? I could swear I've seen Japanese trailers with spoken dialogue but that was like sometime last year when the game was announced. Do they speak at all like some invented language?

IIRC, it goes something like this:

Japanese (phonetic) text >> input into system >> bunch of gibberish is produced through some smart algorithm >> filter put into place to make it sound like French >> profit

So basically it's some strange language with a Japanese-like syntax that sounds like French.
---
You are ignoring 167 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#7sleet01Posted 4/16/2012 2:58:50 PM
I dunno, I could have sworn it was real French transliterated into Kana and then read by people who'd never actually heard French spoken. A couple times I swear I pulled some actual French phrases out of the mush-mouth voice acting.
#8Ihavealotofspac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 9:56:48 PM

I dunno, I could have sworn it was real French transliterated into Kana and then read by people who'd never actually heard French spoken. A couple times I swear I pulled some actual French phrases out of the mush-mouth voice acting.

sacrebleu
#9Kit_SakurazukaPosted 4/18/2012 8:35:51 AM
Well, I played a demo for this in Bestbuy the other day, and can confirm that at least the demo has French (sounding) voiceovers...so good news, I guess.

Maybe more games should invent languages so we don't have to deal with dubbing.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), FFXIII-2
#10Lexmark1989Posted 4/20/2012 12:58:37 PM
Ihavealotofspac posted...
or good a English dub?

Well there's not a lot of spoken dialog in the game to begin with so this really wouldn't matter even if it had a bad english dub.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies