Is the DLC worth it?

#1Hector_KisaragiPosted 1/19/2013 12:06:28 AM
I mean,the maid one looks cool just because of the ridiculousness but just for a costume and a few missions when I'm already done with the game seems a bit of a rip off to me. But then again,I don't know what the DLC is like so can anyone help me with this?
---
Dirty,ignorant ninjas!
3ds friend code -> 3136 - 7614 - 0905(Pm if you add me!),PSN -> HectorKisaragi
#2meatpiecePosted 1/19/2013 10:31:27 AM
at 4 dollars per DLC pack, it isn't worth it to me.

If it were 4 dollars, and you got all 3 DLC packs, then sure, but it isn't that way.
#3liammiller18Posted 1/20/2013 10:33:08 AM
I honestly feel like the DLC missions are better than a lot of the actual campaign missions. In my opinion, they're totally worthwhile. I'd say at very least buy one and see how you enjoy it.
---
Bacon, RPG elements and cute girls, what more could you want?
#4DetsuaxhePosted 1/20/2013 1:46:33 PM
The maid outfit is worth it towards the beginning since it adds a costume choice early in the story. The military uniform offers more character development for Yunica, so could be considered worth it. Dunno about the spy outfit.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.
#5auflamePosted 1/21/2013 4:22:29 AM
Yes they were worth it in my opinion. The story missions are fun and so are the challenges. You also get a cool costume. There are also advantages to buying the DLCs, you get to reach Kat's highest reputation only by completing the DLC missions.
---
PSN: auflame
Soul Silver FC: 2666 2859 6177
#6Flipsider99Posted 1/21/2013 1:11:34 PM
It's worth it just to give this developer more money IMO. They deserve it!
#7learkencielPosted 1/22/2013 5:56:46 AM
I do not pay DLCs that's are already included on the game I buy.
If they're was REAL additional content, I got no trouble, but this... is a scam.

Imo they should do the additional costumes UNLOCKABLE by progress on game, and later add REAL DLCs for those who want to expand the Gravity Rush experience.
#8BahamutBBobPosted 1/22/2013 8:21:19 AM
In Japan, they were separate downloads. They only included them with the game in NA because they didn't want to make everyone download a huge file to play three missions.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#9Lacrymosa143Posted 1/23/2013 5:22:06 AM
learkenciel posted...
I do not pay DLCs that's are already included on the game I buy.
If they're was REAL additional content, I got no trouble, but this... is a scam.

Imo they should do the additional costumes UNLOCKABLE by progress on game, and later add REAL DLCs for those who want to expand the Gravity Rush experience.

The costumes are story related to the dlc missions
#10learkencielPosted 1/23/2013 5:31:39 AM
Dude, the DLC is not additional content: they cut out part of the game. You cannot complete the game at 100% without the DLC. Included in game for improve download speed? Come on!
Kat's stats are locked, so the game doesn't let you reach the real limit: you are forced to buy and complete the DLC missions to reach it.
Same with the clothes: the game shows 3 slots in the clothes selection screen (3 DLCs, I repeat, 3 DLC. No 4, no 5, no 6). Coincidence?

If I buy a game, I want a full game. And later I have no trouble to buy additional content.
ADDITIONAL content. I give them money for new clothes, new missions and all they decide to release as aditional content. Buy when I'm forced to pay extra as the only way to get a full game, I feel robbed.

I don't think this was a decision of the game's staff: they're employes. So, still I think they deserve so much credit for such cool game.
I put the blame in the CEOs of each company.
Gravity Rush is awesome. I like a lot the game. What I don't like is the way the industry is doing bussines.
They are charging us for what it should be included. This is not additional content, is additional money that's came out from our pockets.

Face it: the vide game industry is taking more and giving less day by day.