Is MP pacing similar to CoD?

#1bj91xPosted 8/8/2013 1:47:43 AM
Though I'm not a big FPS fan, I do enjoy CoD for several reasons. I was wondering if I can expect something similar in this game.

1) Small maps - I didn't enjoy the huge maps in games like Battlefield. I enjoy smaller (but not ridiculously small) maps where there's constant action.

2) Quick kills - I like the amount of HP characters have in CoD's non-hardcore modes. This means even in a lop-sided situation, a skilled player can kill several enemies in quick succession and come out on top.

3) Regenerating HP - Another helpful tool if a player wants to go on a long kill streak without constantly putting time aside to heal.

4) Instant respawn - All of the modes I play (Sab, CTF, Dom, HQ, and Dem are what I play), there's little or no respawn time. Due to my rush-and-gun mentality, I'm rarely "safe" and in constant danger of dying. I want to respawn fast so that I can rush back in.

Basically, I like something fast paced where I can get constant action. I was wondering if KZ's MP fits my style.

Also, what types of game modes are there? Are there many objective game modes? I'm not a fan of deathmatch modes and want objectives. Thanks in advance.
---
Kupo, Kupo, Kupo!!!
#2lucapitPosted 8/8/2013 7:28:22 AM
You ask a lot of questions
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461)... Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#3_Shikoba_Posted 8/8/2013 12:03:18 PM
1. In previous KZ games the maps are bigger than CoD... but smaller than BF. It's a nice size actually. This game will be 4 vs 4 and the maps will be appropriate size for the number of players playing. Not too small, not too big.

2. Players die fast.. but not CoD fast. I would say it's maybe a hit or two more. You have to take various things into account and mercenary lets you pick the armor and gear you want, so it varies. No one is a bullet sponge though.

3. Not sure about KZ:M, but KZ3 did have health regen.

4. Spawning is pretty fast, maybe a few seconds of waiting, nothing major.

This game is slower paced then CoD. It's not a twitch shooting fest like CoD. That's not to say there is less action, but the game is more... weighty. Not floaty. If that makes any sense. I think the Killzone 3 multiplayer has a free trial on PS3, might be worth trying to get an idea.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
#4THEskeksisPosted 8/8/2013 1:05:37 PM
lol cod
---
I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now...
#5errolthedudePosted 8/8/2013 4:56:47 PM
This guy's videos give a pretty good rundown of the gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF_tXHdtzH0

You may not like the lack of multiplayer modes as there only three: Deathmatch Team Deathmatch and Warzone. Warzone is objective based where the objectives change over the course of the round but some of the objectives are simply killing the enemy. I prefer objective based modes too. I'm hopeful we will get some good dlc with additional maps and modes but for now I think its a good start.
#6co1onelPosted 8/9/2013 12:06:23 AM
I lost you at "cod" and "skill"
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Co1onel-225.png
http://i.imgur.com/D8mOGZH.png
#7NnamzPosted 8/9/2013 9:02:15 AM
1) Maps are bigger than Declassified, but smaller than most console shooters. You can move tactically through the map without worry of dying every 5 seconds like in Declassified, but it's not constant action.

2) Kills are quick. Takes 3-4 bullets per kill on a 3/5 powered gun.

3) There is Regenerating HP.

4) Respawn times are very fast, but since maps are a little bigger you'll have to spend some time running back to where you died.

Killzone is slower paced than COD. Much more so. It's more about tactics and less about ADD running and gunning.

Modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and a Warzone mode which is 5 modes in 1 game.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.