Resistance is an A-grade FPS series.

#1GradyHooverPosted 4/19/2012 10:30:13 AM
When you compare this game to something like Call of Duty or the Halo franchise, I find this universe infinitely more interesting, its weapons (Bullseye, Auger, Wraith, HE .44) really unique and incredibly fun, and I love that the game isn't as hand-holding as CoD you get more freedom to approach battles in a variety of ways or using numerous different weapons, instead of getting punished with insta-death if you journey off of the expected pathway.

This is a series that definitely deserves to sell bigger numbers than it has (although the first game sold pretty well, it's just dropped ever since).
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Daily Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#2Megabest39Posted 4/19/2012 1:20:34 PM
10000000000% Agree
---
3DS FC: 3351-4060-7398 XBOX: C Bears24
PSN: XxNerdByChoicexX "I mostly play Vita and PS3"
#3youngskillzPosted 4/29/2012 1:31:58 AM
definitely.

while the multiplayer isn't the best, i think the single player/story/weapons of the resistance franchise is pretty damn good and the games should have way more sales.
---
Where is this dark i came to find ? -- Dark Tranquility
#4zandm7Posted 4/29/2012 10:21:07 AM
Yes, this is an FPS series that does something against the ordinary: focuses and excels in the single player mode. Far better than CoD and BF in that aspect, but the multiplayer is slightly weaker. Anyways, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by RBS; it seems like it will be a worthy contender as the first Vita FPS.
---
Currently playing: Uncharted, MSRC, Killzone Liberation, Unit 13 demo, Ragnarok demo (Vita). CoD, BF3, InFamous, WipEout (PS3). Various PC games.
PSN: zandm7
#5mahgah91Posted 5/12/2012 7:43:35 PM
Wow, you really find Resistance's generic alien invasion flick story more interesting than Halo's story?
#6gamer4leverPosted 5/13/2012 5:12:34 PM
mahgah91 posted...
Wow, you really find Resistance's generic alien invasion flick story more interesting than Halo's story?

You haven't understood the story at all.
---
PSN: fullmy4gbnow
Play on Vita and PS3
#7warrenmatsPosted 5/13/2012 5:29:25 PM
I kinda agree. I usually hate FPS games, but I really like this series.

The reason why I like Resistance is because its unique. It has huge enemies and cool weapons. I don't like COD because its just the same crap every single game.
---
herrrrp derrrrppp
#8mcsmellingtonPosted 5/14/2012 3:17:29 PM
I enjoyed 2 and 3 (1 was crap in my opinion). A grade though? Definitely not. If it weren't for the setting and story then the series would be entirely forgettable.

I'll be getting Burning Skies though, despite the fact the game is looking a bit dull. Partly because I'd like to continue the Resistance story, and partly because there's little else that takes my fancy on the Vita right now.
---
GT: McPoo