The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

About 65% ready to just splurge and buy this... couple questions though

#1TLR_Posted 6/30/2012 9:11:57 AM(edited)
Does this feature that completely worthless online system where we can't jump into a game that's already in progress?

Is there any kind of EXP/leveling/prestige in the online?

Does the game have a consistently smooth framerate? (I flat out don't feel like freeing 3GB for the demo)

How would you rank the online play's fun factor?

I hear a lotta people complaining about the mule... not toned down yet?

Given that I liked no Resistance games other than Retribution (PSP), think I'll like or hate this?
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#2calvinliangPosted 6/30/2012 9:23:25 AM
You can jump into a game that's already in progress, but it still a match making system.

No the game definitely does not have consistently smooth frame rate. Takes a nose dive with more players and action.

There are 40 levels in the online which you will probably max out in 2-3 days and then nothing else.

The online is kinda fun, that is if the OP mule and sniper rifle wars don't bore you.

And no the mule hasn't been toned down yet. And I don't think it will considering the already rapidly declining popularity the online right now.
---
---
PSN ID: CaptCalvin
#3TheWildOneV1Posted 7/1/2012 9:20:09 PM
It will be toned down, just give them time to patch it. Honestly, I person who is decent with the Auger, is way more OP than the Mule itself. Most people want to run and gun, so you'll get that.
---
The official Superman of the C&GN Board
#4jZinzlerPosted 7/1/2012 9:20:51 PM
save your money
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/jZinzler
#5TLR_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2012 4:15:41 AM
I went ahead and got it.

GameStop has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free going, and they were offering 30% extra trade in bonuses... after all that and the pro member price deduction, I ended up getting Resistance for $12.54 (and it came with a free online pass!).

I don't think it's all that bad... honestly, the one thing that bothers me is that this is clearly not running at Vita's native resolution... so we have that nasty, grainy, distorted effect of upscaling. If they'd just patch that I'd be fine with keeping this.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
#6zandm7Posted 7/2/2012 3:17:00 PM
TLR_ posted...
I went ahead and got it.

GameStop has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free going, and they were offering 30% extra trade in bonuses... after all that and the pro member price deduction, I ended up getting Resistance for $12.54 (and it came with a free online pass!).

I don't think it's all that bad... honestly, the one thing that bothers me is that this is clearly not running at Vita's native resolution... so we have that nasty, grainy, distorted effect of upscaling. If they'd just patch that I'd be fine with keeping this.

Unfortunately I don't think they'll patch the resolution...but otherwise yeah I agree, I don't think this game is half bad. The single player is fun for a playthrough and i just got to try out the online after owning the game since launch...NAT problems, lol. But yeah, the online is pretty fun despite the mule and sniper wars, and the former will be patched according to the devs. So I'm pretty happy with it now.
---
Currently playing -- Vita: Uncharted, MotorStorm RC, Unit 13 demo, Ragnarok demo, WipEout demo. PS3: CoD, BF3, InFamous, WipEout. Various PC games.
PSN: zandm7
#7W_RPosted 7/2/2012 6:36:29 PM
TLR_ posted...
Does the game have a consistently smooth framerate?

For single player, yes.
#8TLR_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 11:44:27 PM
Damn, that was an easy plat.

...definitely wasn't feeling the hate. I had little nitpicks here and there (BREATHTAKINGLY low quality level intro videos that were completely un-skippable, overall low volume for the whole game, graphics not at Vita's native resolution) but otherwise, the single player felt really fulfilling.

Level designs were interesting, weapon upgrades were neat, story was passable, and I suppose it helps that I was actually looking for a game short enough for me to complete with my insane work schedule... easy trophies were a nice shot of instant gratification too.

I'll give online a shot tomorrow and decide whether I wanna keep or get rid of this.
---
#9youngskillzPosted 7/4/2012 3:45:27 PM
mule wars can be fun.....it only sucks if you suck.

i have almost 4k more kills than deaths.

not bad.
---
PSN - str8dmenace
Where is this dark i came to find ? -- Dark Tranquility
#10calvinliangPosted 7/4/2012 4:26:56 PM
youngskillz posted...
mule wars can be fun.....it only sucks if you suck.

i have almost 4k more kills than deaths.

not bad.

It also sucks when you get bored of not having to aim with the shotgun in maps like sewers but you have no choice because you get nowhere with any other weapon.
---
---
PSN ID: CaptCalvin