I got to about half way to the 2050 circuit when....

#1plo617Posted 4/10/2012 2:44:23 PM
..my save apparently was corrupted. I really don't want to do all of that again. I also don't want to sell the game as I kind of need a racer in my library. If only there were a cheat code that unlocked all of the tracks. This is very frustrating.
#2Virtuoso3001Posted 4/11/2012 5:15:32 AM
It's not like you lost a game save of a 100 hour RPG. You should be able to redo that in 3-5 hours so I don't see how you can complain other than not really liking the game if that seems like a chore.

I've had my online campaign progress erased twice, "wasted" at least 15 hours there.

Perhaps someone could back up there completed campaign save using the PC content manager but I doubt it will work as the saves are most likely tied to PSN IDs (?).
#3plo617(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 10:37:55 AM
Virtuoso3001 posted...
It's not like you lost a game save of a 100 hour RPG. You should be able to redo that in 3-5 hours so I don't see how you can complain other than not really liking the game if that seems like a chore.

I've had my online campaign progress erased twice, "wasted" at least 15 hours there.

Perhaps someone could back up there completed campaign save using the PC content manager but I doubt it will work as the saves are most likely tied to PSN IDs (?).

I don't really have the patience to replay some of those tracks. I'm not that great at the game, so it might take me even more than 3-5 hours. I like the game/series, but to be honest, I am by no means a dedicated player. After I beat these games, I mainly replay the zones.

I have other games that I would like to complete, so I'll have to put this on the back burner until then. I've lost save files before, many times worse than this. However, it's still frustrating non the less.
#4WerzaquePosted 4/11/2012 5:17:01 PM
I've never had corrupted save files, but if you're getting them so frequently: backup your data once in a while. But I (hopelessly novice player) have to agree with Virtuoso that it shouldn't take that much time to get halfway into 2050. Unless you mean you want to elite pass everything. It's your call, really.
---
You are ignoring 167 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#5plo617(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 9:02:05 PM
Werzaque posted...
I've never had corrupted save files, but if you're getting them so frequently: backup your data once in a while. But I (hopelessly novice player) have to agree with Virtuoso that it shouldn't take that much time to get halfway into 2050. Unless you mean you want to elite pass everything. It's your call, really.

I never said that I get them frequently, just that in my 25 + years of gaming, I've lost a save file or two. I was toward the end of the game and do not wish to race all of that again. To me that is a chore. If I do, It'll be much latter.

Can I even back up the data, if I have the physical copy?
#6WerzaquePosted 4/11/2012 9:59:50 PM
plo617 posted...
Can I even back up the data, if I have the physical copy?

You can. Install content management on your PC, plug in your Vita and choose which files you want to back up using the utility on your Vita.
---
You are ignoring 167 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#7d0wnerPosted 4/13/2012 7:41:52 AM
I've also had my multiplayer campaign progress erased, more than once. Is it known why this happens, and is there a fix?
---
shoot the core.
#8CruzitPosted 4/13/2012 9:34:48 AM
The servers were down last night, that's why it might have looked like your progress was reset.
#9Virtuoso3001Posted 4/13/2012 12:58:19 PM
No lots of people have had there multiplayer campaign reset (many multiple times). There is no way of getting it back although this may have finally been ironed out with the 1.02 patch as SL were aware of it according to the Notes pages on the WO2048 Facebook.

We'll see... it's just frustrating because the multiplayer is terrible in it's current form and the only reason I play it is get the last trophy (complete multiplayer) and keeps resetting, lol