IGN posted a **** review with all sorts of wrong info yet again.

#1M DAMAGEPosted 1/11/2013 6:30:30 PM
AR got a 5.9. Idiots. So many misconceptions and tons of face-palming in mitch's write up. It's God Hand all over again.

I'm going to write a review myself for this and I'm giving AR a 10/10.

Btw, I do not believe 10/10 means perfection, instead I believe it to mean a game is among the best of its genre with an insanely high fun factor and bang-for-your-buck value.
#2chaoscontrol325Posted 1/11/2013 6:33:55 PM
I wish more reviewers rated like that. Seems people these days forget that games are electronic -entertainment- and it makes me sad.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#3gamester091Posted 1/11/2013 6:34:31 PM
Its IGN. If you take their word on anything youre an idiot.
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#4supersmashbrosfPosted 1/11/2013 6:41:03 PM
Lol IGN.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yBuhL.gif http://i.imgur.com/7J0Mf.gif
#5M DAMAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:41:08 PM
Also, why the **** cant so called "professional" review sites give the people who know and love sports games the sports games reviews, fighting game fans should get the fighting game reviews, etc etc. Sites should not be having a sports game fan who only knows sports games review something like AR. (Not saying mitch is a sports game fan, i dont know)

I am a big action game fan (stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black, NG 2, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, God Hand, etc) and fighting game fan. I know them inside and out and in turn, I happen to love the overall feel and combat in Anarchy Reigns.
#6gamester091Posted 1/11/2013 6:46:06 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
Also, why the **** cant so called "professional" review sites give the people who know and love sports games the sports games reviews, fighting game fans should get the fighting game reviews, etc etc. Sites should not be having a sports game fan who only knows sports games review something like AR. (Not saying mitch is a sports game fan, i dont know)

I am a big action game fan (stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black, NG 2, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, God Hand, etc) and fighting game fan. I know them inside and out and in turn, I happen to love the overall feel and combat in Anarchy Reigns.

Youre talking about IGN, the biggest sellout company ever. When i actually used to look at reviews, I saw IGN post one bashing a game, it was taken down within a hour and replaced with a review praising the game as being revolutionary. Someone obviously paid them off.

Like i said, if you listen to anything IGN says youre an idiot.

But thank god ive grown out of reading reviews, and just play what i think ill like. It has let me play some of my favorite games. (As much as people hate it....i love Brink)
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#7FloridTorrentPosted 1/11/2013 7:02:26 PM
Can't spell ignorant without "IGN"!!!
---
360 GT - Filallie
"Nascentes Morimur"
#8gamester091Posted 1/11/2013 7:05:38 PM
FloridTorrent posted...

Thats a good one ive never heard that before haha
---
#9WhiteBaitKentPosted 1/11/2013 7:23:35 PM
FloridTorrent posted...

Sig'd.

I think this plays more like an Action game/Fighting game hybrid once you find opponents who know how to play. Blocking/evading, co ordinating your attacks well, knowing which combos to use in certain situations (trying to pull out the infinites/long combos without reading your opponents moves is a sure fire way to get your ass beat) and using items effectively will get you far in Anarchyr Reigns and are what makes this game so damn fun. What's really fun is having 2 people on your ass and trying to dodge both of their attacks and taking em both out. 3 people, not so much. That's when you gotta run.
---
Shinkuuuuu....... ARUKET
#10Link43130Posted 1/11/2013 7:25:13 PM
gamester091 posted...
I saw IGN post one bashing a game, it was taken down within a hour and replaced with a review praising the game as being revolutionary.

This has never happened. ;)

M DAMAGE posted...
Also, why the **** cant so called "professional" review sites give the people who know and love sports games the sports games reviews, fighting game fans should get the fighting game reviews, etc etc.

Most do. But you have to realize that you can't have someone on staff that's only good for one type of review. What's the Sport's Guy doing for most of the year? What happens during the fall when there are five+ games out each week? Add the use of freelancers for cheap work and you get what you see now.

PS: you shouldn't base your opinion off of a single review, nor care at all about review scores unless you work for Sega/Platinum ;)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130