IGN posted a **** review with all sorts of wrong info yet again.

#11liltaggPosted 1/11/2013 8:29:54 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
Also, why the **** cant so called "professional" review sites give the people who know and love sports games the sports games reviews, fighting game fans should get the fighting game reviews, etc etc. Sites should not be having a sports game fan who only knows sports games review something like AR. (Not saying mitch is a sports game fan, i dont know)

lol, this reminded me of 1up's review of Borderlands 2. One of the first things the reviewer put in was 'Eh I didn't really like the first Borderlands'. WHY REVIEW THE SECOND ONE THEN
---
http://i.minus.com/i6KFWnapcCjuP.gif
#12HolmraPosted 1/11/2013 8:46:17 PM
I think Eurogamer giving it a 9 speaks volumes honestly...I find their reviews to be very fair
---
Mass Effect. Nuff said.
#13sworderPosted 1/11/2013 9:01:32 PM
M DAMAGE posted...
Also, why the **** cant so called "professional" review sites give the people who know and love sports games the sports games reviews, fighting game fans should get the fighting game reviews, etc etc. Sites should not be having a sports game fan who only knows sports games review something like AR. (Not saying mitch is a sports game fan, i dont know)

I am a big action game fan (stuff like Ninja Gaiden Black, NG 2, Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, God Hand, etc) and fighting game fan. I know them inside and out and in turn, I happen to love the overall feel and combat in Anarchy Reigns.

I think he has reviewed action games before. However, you can tell it was a stupid review as soon as he implied disappointment because it was not open world. Who the f*** expects open world in a fighting game?

There are not enough facepalm pictures in the internet for that review.
#14megadeth1117Posted 1/11/2013 9:31:52 PM
What's funny is that if Dyer had given this a raving review, you'd all be hanging from IGN's sack right about now.
#15gamester091Posted 1/11/2013 9:42:04 PM
megadeth1117 posted...
What's funny is that if Dyer had given this a raving review, you'd all be hanging from IGN's sack right about now.

I wouldnt. My hate for IGN is large.
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#16Stefan1277Posted 1/11/2013 9:44:39 PM
IGN isn't about games, it's about popularity. They give 9+ to popular stuff only, if anyone hasn't noticed, of course.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#17ShuyinVsTidusPosted 1/11/2013 9:50:37 PM
God Hand, Double Dragon Neon and now this... hmm maybe they just don't understand beat'em ups.
---
Foolish mortals and your petty squabbles
Giga-Graviton > Zanmato
#18The Soul ReaverPosted 1/11/2013 9:58:01 PM
The reality is that most reviewers probably aren't even going to touch the multiplayer, and the campaign here is decidedly mediocre.
---
Sent/Strider/Doom, Team Scrub every now and then.
#19DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/11/2013 10:22:41 PM
lol, this reminded me of 1up's review of Borderlands 2. One of the first things the reviewer put in was 'Eh I didn't really like the first Borderlands'. WHY REVIEW THE SECOND ONE THEN

I didn't like the first one either but 2 is amazing.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#20hatchetman187Posted 1/11/2013 10:25:48 PM
AR is nothing special, meh singleplayer and even more meh multi with constant connection problems.

It got what it deserves

It also trades in for $12 at Gamestop since that's exactly what I did earlier, if anybody is curious.