IGN posted a **** review with all sorts of wrong info yet again.

#51DarquePosted 1/12/2013 2:50:20 PM
Q27 posted...
People act like reviews aren't simply one person's opinion. They don't make a difference.
Someone thought the game was mediocre, oh no.
It won't make the game bomb.

You'd be amazed how many people choose their games by reviews.

I've got friends who live by reviews, and all I can do is shake my head when they find some 5/6 game that they end up loving... and all I can say is... I told ya so.....
---
Jill Valentine > You
#52Mindwipe77Posted 1/12/2013 3:12:54 PM
stop crying tc
---
Now playing-Playstation all stars
GOTY 2013-Lightning Returns
#53Q27Posted 1/12/2013 3:14:49 PM(edited)
I take praise to heart far more than hate.

Anyne who actually thinks game publishers pay these people off are pretty goofy. Reviews are not that valuable.
If a site went to a publisher asking for a bribe or whatever you wanna call it, they'd laugh in their face.
#54gamester091Posted 1/12/2013 3:16:38 PM
Q27 posted...

Anyne who actually thinks game publishers pay these people off are pretty goofy. Reviews are not that valuable.
If a site went to a publisher asking for a bribe or whatever you wanna call it, they'd laugh in their face.

Except IGN is known to take bribes on their reviews and this has been proven
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#55Q27Posted 1/12/2013 4:44:40 PM
gamester091 posted...
Q27 posted...

Except IGN is known to take bribes on their reviews and this has been proven

No.
Show me, but still no.
#56SoggyWormPosted 1/12/2013 6:35:37 PM(edited)
Usually the people who say a game like this has crappy gameplay is because they obviously don't understand the mechanics and/or they just get their ass handed to them.

I find the game quite balanced on one on one combat, well without items anyway (even though someone with a good amount of skill will probably be able to avoid them). Winning duels mostly comes to skill, sometimes luck. Though I'm one of those people who don't do infinites and I never will (because I won't learn any or look them up to learn).
---
GT: SoggyWorm (8+ years)
PSN: SoggyWorm (3 years)
#57WhiteBaitKentPosted 1/12/2013 6:50:05 PM
SoggyWorm posted...
Usually the people who say a game like this has crappy gameplay is because they obviously don't understand the mechanics and/or they just get their ass handed to them.

I'm one of those people who don't do infinites and I never will (because I won't learn any or look them up to learn).

Would not be surprised if that was 100% true, which most likely is the case.

You and me both, I've never been a fan of infinites and loops, makes the gameplay look yuck (especially in Tekken games) IMHO. Blocking/evading and attacking accordingly makes the games look more stylish and is way more fun. Some infinites and loops do look crazy cool though.
---
Can't spell ignorant without "IGN"!!!
#58SoggyWormPosted 1/12/2013 8:57:12 PM
Forgot to mention another reason that people may not like a game like this is because they are probably playing it too seriously/competitively. Not the best thing to do when so much random stuff can kill you. It's all about mindless anarchy (and having fun with it).
---
GT: SoggyWorm (8+ years)
PSN: SoggyWorm (3 years)
#59Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 1/12/2013 9:28:47 PM
Eh, I think Sega's lack of promo and 6 month delay did far more damage to the game than this "review."

Pretty much the only people who want the game already had it last year or picked it up at launch.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#60The_Hungry_OnePosted 1/13/2013 10:52:56 AM
I got the game the other day (Friday) and at first I wasn't all impressed. Before its release, I was mildly excited because I had caught wind of advertising on Xbox LIVE. I remembered the name and when I saw it in the shop for a mere 19.99 I thought I'd buy it. When I tried it out, I wasn't blown away.

I decided to YouTube some videos and came across the IGN review, and after sitting through the video and listening to what was said, I believed that Mitch Dyer had no idea how to rate a game. I mean, marking it down a point because you need to unlock characters through game progression? That's juvenile. I thought that perhaps he meant there was no character progression, so characters were "locked" in their skills and how they are, but that applies to all games of this type.

I disagreed with everything that Dyer said, even though I only played the game for 10 minutes. Dyer's appalling review and the fact that Anarchy Reigns is developed by Platinum Games gave me good faith that the game is actually rather good, and it is. I started playing through the campaign, starting on the black side, and I'm having much fun and I'm almost done on the white side. I will get round to playing the multiplayer side of things, and that's where the bulk of fun is to be had, but I want to get most of the characters unlocked before I do.

If it's one thing I've learned about Platinum Games; their games aren't to be taken seriously. Their stories are often cheesy and can be considered crap if taken seriously, but if you just relax and accept it as entertainment, you will be thoroughly entertained. At the end of the day, Platinum Games has my loyalty and I believe they know how to get things right. They have a fantastic skill towards action games.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.