Preorder code coming as invalid

#111nite1017Posted 1/9/2013 1:35:11 AM
The japanese version is not region locked, actually the japanese version comes with the option to switch to english right off the bat.

So no that would not be an issue.
As to whether or not it really works to redeem it on a japanese account, I can't answer that. I'm waiting for them to fix it so I can redeem it on my english account.

I like to keep all my purchases in one place.

There is only one game that's region locked on the ps3 that i know if and it's Persona 4 Arena. But i'm sure japanese dlc doesn't work with american region games. The coding is different just as the save file i would assume.

Of course i could be wrong and the japanese dlc is compatible with the american version.
#112nite1017Posted 1/9/2013 1:37:08 AM
Metal Gear Rising is being made by Platinum Games which is owned by Sega.

Sega doesn't own Platinum Games... Sega just publishes a lot of PG games.

Look on the cover of MGR and tell me if you see a Sega logo anywhere on it. It says Konami at the bottom right.
#113SqueezitgirdlePosted 1/9/2013 1:37:18 AM
Persona 4 Arena was one of the first games in a long time to be region locked for ps3.

There are a few others, but they're old and forgotten games that noone cares about anymore anyways.
---
Castlevania Harmony of Despair Site for guides and meeting up with friends
http://alternateharmony.proboards.com/index.cgi
#114SqueezitgirdlePosted 1/9/2013 1:38:15 AM
nite1017 posted...

Sega doesn't own Platinum Games... Sega just publishes a lot of PG games.

Look on the cover of MGR and tell me if you see a Sega logo anywhere on it. It says Konami at the bottom right.

Ah, you're right. My bad. I thought for a moment Sega was just working with Konami.
---
Castlevania Harmony of Despair Site for guides and meeting up with friends
http://alternateharmony.proboards.com/index.cgi
#115Kira0987Posted 1/9/2013 1:43:50 AM(edited)
Yeah it's like 2:43am here in Houston and I just tried putting in the code. Didn't work.
---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard
#116nite1017Posted 1/9/2013 1:47:12 AM
Ah, you're right. My bad. I thought for a moment Sega was just working with Konami.

no worries, i don't think PG ever publish their own games even in japan. so they just partner up with Sega a lot. since Sega is big with experience in advertisement and what not... but Sega of America is another story -__-
#117Number4RocketPosted 1/9/2013 1:50:33 AM
nite1017 posted...

no worries, i don't think PG ever publish their own games even in japan. so they just partner up with Sega a lot. since Sega is big with experience in advertisement and what not... but Sega of America is another story -__-

PG gave up on Sega already, and I sure hope it stays that way.
#118OzzieArcanePosted 1/9/2013 2:02:53 AM(edited)
Squeezitgirdle posted...
OzzieArcane posted...
Squeezitgirdle posted...
Someone on the Platinum forums posted that you need to redeem it on a japanese account.

I have a japanese account, but I'd much prefer keeping the download on my own account.. Still I'm a bit peeved this is going on.

Wouldn't that lock the DLC to a Japanese version of the game? I know the DLC for the Dynasty Warriors games were locked to their region's version of the game.

The japanese version is not region locked, actually the japanese version comes with the option to switch to english right off the bat.

So no that would not be an issue.
As to whether or not it really works to redeem it on a japanese account, I can't answer that. I'm waiting for them to fix it so I can redeem it on my english account.

I like to keep all my purchases in one place.

That is not what I was saying. I didn't say anything about the game being region locked. But Japanese DLC usually only works on the Japanese version of the game, EU DLC usually only works on the EU version of the game, US DLC on the US version of the game. Downloading it from the Japanese PSN would give you the Japanese version of the DLC.

This is why people didn't want to import the UK version of Warriors Orochi 3, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, or Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires when they weren't getting retail releases on the US. Because the US DLC wouldn't work with those versions of the games.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#119Dragoon_KailPosted 1/9/2013 2:06:58 AM
Quick note: psn updates on tuesdays, depending on the traffic code inputs WILL NOT go thru, free online service, you get what you pay for lol

Anytime between now and tomorrow it shoouuuuld go thru
---
"This is good, isn't it?" .....*cries* it is good Bigboss......John......it is good~! ; ;
#120MelvinX93Posted 1/9/2013 2:12:35 AM
Squeezitgirdle posted...
nite1017 posted...
Also this really worries me about my Gray Fox Ninja skin for Metal Gear Rising.

MGR is not being handled by Sega, so I'm sure it'll work... it's also a big title with focused attentions on it.

WRROOONNNGGGG

PG were hired to make 5 games by Sega.
Madworld, (?) ,Bayonetta, Vanquish, Anarchy Reigns (Always forget the second one).

Anarchy Reigns is the 5th and final one, and they DID'NT renew contract. Which was why Sega screwed PG here with the "inspection" on AR. And God knows, maybe even the DLC. (Yes, they played them dirty, hence the 30$ price tag).

Rising and the latter will be Pure Platinum helped by the publishers house.
Rising is from Konami and with Kojima in tow. So there is not a single atom on Rising that is part of Sega.
---
PSN: MxWhiteKnight