ign 5.9

#71MGSPhantomPainPosted 1/12/2013 10:21:56 AM
Capitan_Kid posted...
ITT: Fanboys can't accept other people's opinions. I wonder how many of you actually read it.

You're right, I only accept my opinion, which is all that matters. Game is good btw. It's like old school capcom arcade brawlers reimagined for current gen and online play. I got exactly what I've been craving for years in this lame FPS focused generation.
#72JJenesisPosted 1/12/2013 10:34:22 AM
MGSPhantomPain posted...
maiden1993 posted...
sworder posted...
maiden1993 posted...
Why, because he won't spend his hard earned cash on a far-from-perfect game that got a bad review from a site he trusts?

Jesus, this community amazes me sometimes.

It's one thing to disagree with the reviewer (something I did on this very discussion), but it's another thing entirely to call someone who isn't interested in this game a "troll".

I like this game a lot, but it's for a VERY specific audience. To insult someone that doesn't belong to that demographic "just because" is not only insane, but extremely immature.

It's fine if you read a bunch of reviews and come to your own conclusion. That's why Metacritic exists. But to only buy games because ONE person tells you to do so or not? It's stupid, period.

Not at all.

If a single reviewer you trust faults diverse areas of a game you might be interested in, you can determine how much of a deal breaker those flaws are. If they are there, one trusted reviewer's opinion is all you need.

F.E: I trust Giant Bomb's judgement most of the time (since we tend to agree more often than not), and if the flaws they point out in a game are factual and enough to stop me from buying the game, I'll not buy it.

THAT'S what the review is for.

The TC trusts IGN, and the reviewer pointed out some flaws that bothered him; so he's not getting the game. What's so wrong with that?

...Funny how people are saying that he should come to his own conclusion, only to mercilessly jump on him when he does.

Guess what I trust? My own mind, and my own experience of playing the game or seeing game play clips of it before I buy. I realize for people like you and the OP that's an alien concept, but there are people out there who can think for themselves.

Is it not possible that the TC could have looked at gameplay clips, and or played the demo was on fence about it and the review made him/her decide not to buy. Isn't looking at something and deciding that whether or not it look appealing to you regardless of score thinking for yourself.
#73MGSPhantomPainPosted 1/12/2013 11:40:15 AM
JJenesis posted...
MGSPhantomPain posted...
maiden1993 posted...
sworder posted...
maiden1993 posted...
Why, because he won't spend his hard earned cash on a far-from-perfect game that got a bad review from a site he trusts?

Jesus, this community amazes me sometimes.

It's one thing to disagree with the reviewer (something I did on this very discussion), but it's another thing entirely to call someone who isn't interested in this game a "troll".

I like this game a lot, but it's for a VERY specific audience. To insult someone that doesn't belong to that demographic "just because" is not only insane, but extremely immature.

It's fine if you read a bunch of reviews and come to your own conclusion. That's why Metacritic exists. But to only buy games because ONE person tells you to do so or not? It's stupid, period.

Not at all.

If a single reviewer you trust faults diverse areas of a game you might be interested in, you can determine how much of a deal breaker those flaws are. If they are there, one trusted reviewer's opinion is all you need.

F.E: I trust Giant Bomb's judgement most of the time (since we tend to agree more often than not), and if the flaws they point out in a game are factual and enough to stop me from buying the game, I'll not buy it.

THAT'S what the review is for.

The TC trusts IGN, and the reviewer pointed out some flaws that bothered him; so he's not getting the game. What's so wrong with that?

...Funny how people are saying that he should come to his own conclusion, only to mercilessly jump on him when he does.

Guess what I trust? My own mind, and my own experience of playing the game or seeing game play clips of it before I buy. I realize for people like you and the OP that's an alien concept, but there are people out there who can think for themselves.

Is it not possible that the TC could have looked at gameplay clips, and or played the demo was on fence about it and the review made him/her decide not to buy. Isn't looking at something and deciding that whether or not it look appealing to you regardless of score thinking for yourself.

The OP clearly said his deciding factor was doing what IGN tells him, he's a complete tool. Stop defending him, seriously.
#74SuplexKirbyPosted 1/12/2013 12:32:18 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
ITT: Fanboys can't accept other people's opinions. I wonder how many of you actually read it.

Stay your ass over at the PSASBR board and continue to jack off at Kat like you also do.
#75Capitan_KidPosted 1/12/2013 1:28:55 PM
I only did that twice kirby!
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#76FFmaxPosted 1/12/2013 2:09:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77That_Samoan_UsoPosted 1/12/2013 2:35:24 PM
A 5.9 are you serious? This games doesn't deserve that crap. IGN used to be a reputable source a couple of years ago. Oh how money prevails...
#78Lexmark1989Posted 1/12/2013 3:00:48 PM
necro00 posted...
Lol @ people defending this shallow mediocre game. The best part is it will sell maybe 50k copies and will never have a sequel

LOL @ the guy the supposed to had sold his game still being on a message board of a game he doesn't have. You have got to be one of the saddest posters I've ever seen besides that one guy on the PSAS boards.

You don't have the game yet your here, you must not have a life either or anything else better to do because what you are doing is the very definition of trolling. I honestly don't care how many copies it sells and it doesn't matter how good the game sells it wasn't going to get a sequel anyway.
---
I'm a ladies man and i loves my ladies
#79toad133Posted 1/12/2013 3:06:33 PM
Will people just let the God Hand review go already? It's a dead horse.

Yeah, it was a stupid review. A stupid review by a moron. ONE moron. It doesn't reflect IGN as a whole and was ages ago anyway. Let it go already.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#80mattrogesisPosted 1/12/2013 7:09:57 PM
That particular reviewer is a little baby. He has no right even playing the game, let alone reviewing it.
It is disturbing to see how dumb gaming culture has become in the west.