How populated is the online multiplayer now?

#1megaultrarice34Posted 1/19/2013 3:19:25 AM(edited)
Had a couple of dollars left to spare after paying off all my college loans and this semester's tuition and I was wondering if the online matchmaking is still viable?

Apparently, I heard it's pretty hard to find matches nowadays. I still want to buy the game because it's Platinum Games, but my friends are not the type of players that would enjoy this type of game I would think. So yeah, I was wondering if the online matchmaking is still active?
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#2UnusEratumPosted 1/19/2013 3:16:56 AM
its no call of duty (which im playing now at 4AM), but I didnt have much trouble getting matches mid day and evening
#3DelusioNzorszorPosted 1/19/2013 3:21:40 AM
It's pretty dead in the morning, you will be lucky to find a spot open in a full team. Very active late in the day + through the night.

Just buy it while its still fun to play online and the "hardcore" aren't the only ones playing so you don't miss out. You can't go wrong for 30 dollars.
---
PSN: FearForDignity
#4EX_BortthogPosted 1/19/2013 3:26:12 AM
Only reason is PSN was out, which I had no idea lol
---
#1 Cactus
#5Zero254Posted 1/19/2013 3:09:12 PM
Yeah I was able to find matches 4 days straight for no problem till psn went out.

this game is going ok.

There were a few times it seemed dead but I was just in the wrong lobby type (ranked)
---
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4318/sadhurtzeldarw8.jpg http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1761/sadhurtzeldaburnbh0.jpg
Official Roll player of vs games.
#6cgwhite85Posted 1/19/2013 4:10:27 PM
I have been finding matches with decent regularity and only recently purchased the game (couple days after release), I was unable to play during psn maintenance. Player matches seem more populated than ranked by far. Some modes seem more popular than others. Team deathmatch seems to be the most popular. One of my favorite modes, deathball, seems underpopulated. 4 man free for alls seem easy to find. Cage matches don't take long. Capture the flag is middle of the road in lobbies filling up. Not sure about survival as I have not played it much. Battle royals seem hit or miss, they can fill up quick or take forever.

The game is not as populated as I would have hoped for and I don't know how long it will last, I dont think the sales were that great. If you want to play I would go ahead and buy now while it does not take too long for a match to get started.
#7megaultrarice34(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 4:15:54 PM
Cool cool, thanks for the input guys. Last question, is the Bayonetta DLC purchasable on PSN atm? Or do I have to be on the lookout with Platinum.JP's twitter to get a code?
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#8simonbelmont2Posted 1/19/2013 4:23:20 PM
megaultrarice34 posted...
Cool cool, thanks for the input guys. Last question, is the Bayonetta DLC purchasable on PSN atm? Or do I have to be on the lookout with Platinum.JP's twitter to get a code?

I don't think the Bayo DLC is available on PSN yet.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.