I dont think anybody plays as nikolai besides me

#21Number4RocketPosted 1/21/2013 3:23:54 AM
Darke_Booti posted...

H-->W-->AA

That actually works?

On the topic of Nikolai, I would use him more if I could actually manage to figure out how to get his jKWH to enter cinematic mode every time I try to combo into it.
#22DelusioNzorszorPosted 1/21/2013 3:28:26 AM
^ Also have the issue, I think you have to be really close when you launch them otherwise you only catch them with the basic hit at the end. It's a difference of a good 20% in terms of damage so it's worth it if anybody knows how to consistently get the cutscene cinematic please share.
---
PSN: FearForDignity
#23Number4RocketPosted 1/21/2013 3:39:30 AM
I thought at first it was a positioning issue, like you have to be directly over them, but you can launch and then jKWLx2 with DI in whichever way you want and it still combos.

So now I doubt that it has to do with you being directly over the opponent. I have no idea what it's about. All I know is I can only combo into the cinematic 100% off the time by restricting myself to just H jKWLx2-H
#24Number4RocketPosted 1/21/2013 3:42:45 AM
Nevermind I was wrong.

It does seem to do with being directly over the opponent. It's just super easy to line up off a lone launcher, and harder after anything further.

Anybody have any good tips though?
#25DelusioNzorszorPosted 1/21/2013 4:01:07 AM(edited)
Alright I'm onto something here, all you have to do is delay the KWL x2 just a little bit, strike once as soon as you do the anti air and then wait just a little bit, I've nailed the cinematic a few about 10 times in a row now. Tell me if it helps, seems to be working for me.

Edit: Yeah, its definitely delaying the KW just a little bit, I'm practicing on sasha, will try other characters.
---
PSN: FearForDignity
#26Number4RocketPosted 1/21/2013 5:03:58 AM
I still think it's primarily the positioning. If I could use the ****ing dpad I wouldn't be having this problem, I blame the ass analogue control.

Right now the only way I can always connect it is if I start attacking from the opponents back, or just go into it after just H attack.
#27Darke_BootiPosted 1/21/2013 9:49:16 AM
Number4Rocket posted...
Darke_Booti posted...

H-->W-->AA

That actually works?

On the topic of Nikolai, I would use him more if I could actually manage to figure out how to get his jKWH to enter cinematic mode every time I try to combo into it.

Ah jeez, I must've been a lot sleepier than I thought when I typed that out.

H-->W-->AA is impossible. Taking out the W and going for the AA after the H, everything else in the combo I got messing around last night works.
---
Don't be hatin'. Hatin' led to the Holocaust.
PSN: NotJohnnyJoestar
#28EX_BortthogPosted 1/21/2013 9:54:21 AM(edited)
pffffffff

(H jH jKWL at top of jump jKWL just before you land) x2 H jH jL at top of jump jL just before you land H L LLL*L KWLX4

Real Soviet damage
---
#1 Cactus
#29MashYouGoodPosted 1/21/2013 2:25:44 PM
I think the Ruski's seemingly masturbation- honed 'Popeye arms' might be a turn off for most people...
#30alphagamblePosted 1/21/2013 5:18:33 PM
Nikolai is great, reminds me of Bison.
---
"Pretty sure we have incest laws so we don't have babies with dicks growing out of their armpits running around everywhere.."