I have a feeling that this games balance is doomed

#1BellethorPosted 1/20/2013 2:02:31 PM(edited)
Seriously, Ai/Fei Rin/Bayonetta are ridiculously overpowered. I'm pretty sure that his game is never going to get a balancing patch, either.

Seriously, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING when they made Ai Rins j.WKW and Bayonettas killer weapon? The Rins 360 totally throws off the balance of the game, it's nearly unpunishable.
---
I am the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only 17.
#2simonbelmont2Posted 1/20/2013 2:04:32 PM
I still see a lot of different characters being used online though funnily enough which is nice. In some fighting games/brawlers everyone picks the most OP characters and the game lacks variety because of it. AR seems different in that respect.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#3EX_BortthogPosted 1/20/2013 2:05:18 PM
lol Ai jKWW, its free and unsafe, Bayo is DLC so w/e, your only valid point is Rin 360. I still don't get why people hate Fei
---
#1 Cactus
#4Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:11:42 PM
The whole point of the 360 attack is that it's supposed to be a last stand kind of move, when it's completely unpunishable, something needs to change.

Ai/Fei player: I'm getting attacked? Better 360 and j.WKW!
---
#5EX_BortthogPosted 1/20/2013 2:14:32 PM
Their 360s aren't unpunishable, just not easy to punish.

And if you really think Ai/Fei jKWW is OP then don't play against anyone who hits the block button or dodges
---
#1 Cactus
#6Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:20:34 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
Their 360s aren't unpunishable, just not easy to punish.

And if you really think Ai/Fei jKWW is OP then don't play against anyone who hits the block button or dodges

They come out waaaay too fast, it's literally impossible to tech before it hits you, and it takes out like half your health bar. And Fei can start an infinite using it once she hits you while you're on the ground
---
#7monkeypahngPosted 1/20/2013 2:27:32 PM
You're just terrible at the game.

All of their j.wKW can be evaded easily. Indeed, it's hard to punish the Rin Sister's 360... If you're trying to launch them when there's lag.

It's not unpunishable. Besides, if you baited them properly you can easily punish it like any 360.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#8EnyalbPosted 1/20/2013 2:28:58 PM
360's are ground combo breakers, not last resorts. Also, you could just hit them once or twice, then as soon as they 360, block, then go for the sick punish. I'll admit the Rins have the better 360s in the game, but it isn't what makes them so good.
---
---
I could put a signature down here, but I can't really come up with anything witty to say except for some obscure reference to a video game or anime...
#9Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:34:03 PM
monkeypahng posted...
You're just terrible at the game.

All of their j.wKW can be evaded easily. Indeed, it's hard to punish the Rin Sister's 360... If you're trying to launch them when there's lag.

It's not unpunishable. Besides, if you baited them properly you can easily punish it like any 360.

Its not that their j.wkw his hard to evade, its that it's just to easy to combo with and does too much damage.

Also, Bayonetta is WAAY worse than the Rin sisters.
---
#10Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 2:36:30 PM
Enyalb posted...
360's are ground combo breakers, not last resorts. Also, you could just hit them once or twice, then as soon as they 360, block, then go for the sick punish. I'll admit the Rins have the better 360s in the game, but it isn't what makes them so good.
---

The only way to punish a Rin sister 360 is with a block, even then the window of opportunity to punish it is really small, especially in a huge player battle that can have up to 16 players.

And in cage matches, Fei will just infinite you all day.
---