Do you unlock more combos / grabs etc later in the game ?

#1jamietaylorPosted 1/21/2013 1:42:34 PM
I get that this game is geared towards multiplayer but I like to do sp first before jumping online.

Thing is I'm almost bored to tears doing the same combo over and over on the enemies. Jack has like 3 combos, a charge move and the chainsaw moves. Is there anything else to unlock or is that pretty much it ?

And is there only 3 grabs, front,side,back ? I completed madworld and the combat in that seems way more satisfying than in this game ???

I think I'm just spoiled from playing dmc 3 se hd again recently
---
Psn - jamie-taylor79
Gamertag - double barreled
#2TwilightOrochiPosted 1/21/2013 1:50:59 PM
No, what you see is what you get. There is no side grab btw, but there is a grab where you grab the knocked down opponent.
---
Watch Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, if u haven't seen it yet.
But beware, it has horror elements and psycho's in it and u may get very emotional sometimes.
#3cgwhite85Posted 1/21/2013 1:55:10 PM
I thought the campaign was mediocre. It was a decent amount of fun but I can see how you would be bored. Either try hard mode which is significantly more challenging. Or go ahead and go online. You can unlock all your characters there as well. You unlock the final character at rank 22.
#4ChrisBot2k5Posted 1/21/2013 2:18:20 PM
Theres actually a bit of mixing and matching possible with the combos. Try some juggles with the Killer Weapon moves or launchers. I think the problem is that Leo is more dynamic and fluid than Jack so starting with Black side is more bland. Regardless, any chance you get, switch to a guest character for variety.

This game has Bayonetta in it, but it aint no Bayonetta.
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill