this game is about dead

#71JaimasVBPosted 2/1/2013 7:50:19 PM
monkeypahng posted...
Except you did prove my point. Unless you want to argue otherwise?

There's no need. You've made your point, I've made mine, and further banter on the matter won't help matters. You and I both know that the bulk of posters here will dismiss anything I say further as flat-out as whining or worse, and there's nothing more to be gained from belaboring the point. I'll acknowledge your argument, noble Monkey, but I do not agree with it and will continue to maintain my own viewpoint after I open up the floor.

And on that note, I bid you a good evening and a solid killstreak.
#72WhiteBaitKentPosted 2/1/2013 8:23:34 PM
You seriously can't say the people who have accepted and adapted to the games flaws are at fault here. If there are people who can accept the wonky mechanics, why can't the people who whine do tthe same? And if you wont put in the time to learn how EVERYTHING works, why complain, or better yet, why even bother playing online?
---
Can't spell ignorant without "IGN"!!!
#73Number4RocketPosted 2/1/2013 11:37:17 PM(edited)
If you think removing WDing from Melee somehow makes Melee a better game you're a moron.
End of story. (Not to mention WDing WAS found and known about during playtesting before Melee was released, but was left in because it didn't seem relevant. This is ignoring that it doesn't make a bit of difference whether a mechanic was intended; some fighters took unintended mechanics and actually incorporated them into later games. Tie this up with the fact that Platinum specifically made claims that the game is the way they want it to be, infinites and all, so you can't even commit the authorial intent fallacy even if you wanted to; your point is utter crap.)

(Also, Bowser doesn't need to WD, but he is also low tier as ****.)

If your entire argument is that it is bad that scrubs or people who just don't want to learn or get better are worse at playing the game than those who practice, I wish you hadn't had bothered. I'm tempted to look through this board around release date for all the complaints of "I die when I fight 2 people at a time."

THAT WAS A COMMON COMPLAINT. BEING KILLED WHEN GOING AGAINST TWO PEOPLE. WAS A ****ING COMMON COMPLAINT. Tell me how scrubs are have rational perspectives of the mechanics of a game again?

Brawl is a horridly watered down Smash that by all rights deserves to be called a party fighter. A scrub will still get completely curbstomped by a pro in Brawl just as in Melee. The only difference being that Melee is a much better game.
#74EX_BortthogPosted 2/2/2013 5:03:55 AM
The only difference being that Melee is a much better game.

opinion =/= fact

This thread has proven to others what I already knew.

Sin/Cosmic is arguably the biggest moron on GF and I'm still trying to understand why he uses both accounts, people don't understand balance, people don't understand basic logic, everyone in this thread except Boodendorf and Gen is a complete moron, scrubs are everywhere, people don't understand how characters work, troll thread successful
---
#1 Cactus
#75BoodendorfPosted 2/2/2013 5:27:14 AM
EX_Bortthog posted...
troll thread successful

Pretty much yeah.
---
PSN ID: Boo-ZAWARUDO
MHTri ID : UT9LMJ EU Servers currently HR : 53+
#76EnyalbPosted 2/2/2013 7:43:29 AM
EX_Bortthog posted...
Sin/Cosmic is arguably the biggest moron on GF and I'm still trying to understand why he uses both accounts,

Don't forget Mash, he also uses that account, whether it's trolling or asking for some Bayonetta code... Great troll indeed.

everyone in this thread except Boodendorf and Gen is a complete moron,

... Well if you want to say it like that I mean I guess that's how it's going to be...
---
* Insert witty anime/video game reference here *
PSN ID: BLAYNEproject
#77masterdevil007Posted 2/2/2013 11:36:22 AM
@ Jaimas

Damn, you sure love to project, don't you?

I like how instead of refuting the dozens of solid, justified points made by myself and others, you instead just keep harping on about "elitists" and keep banging the same tired points over and over and over again. OHKO Barons and Bayo KW glitchers suck, we got it. *No one* likes them, the difference is that not all of us spend time to write out tl;dr post whining about them, and how they apparently break the game for EVERYONE! (Because you are the voice of the world, amirite?!).

It's also funny how you criticize others for having elitist attitudes and touting their opinions as fact, and yet here you are doing precisely that, albeit in a scrubby manner! Going on about how common jugglers and how inescapable juggles are, and how it's IMPOSSIBLE to break an opponent's defense, yet somehow that same opponent can juggle you to death, DESPITE you having the exact same defensive capabilities. Or talking about how the "majority" of the userbase (aka a dozen or so scrubs on GFaqs) has "legitimate concerns" that fans of the game "refuse" to acknowledge.

What about you? What about how you refuse to read the legitimate counter-points many of us have put forth and instead just resort to ad hominem? Or how you talk about "the majority" and a "substantial" part of the playerbase having the "same" problems, when you have no way of possibly proving this (because it is 100% false and nothing more). Or how you say the better players refuse to acknowledge the game's flaws when *all* of us have done exactly that and more. Instead of actually talking about the actual gameplay and the core mechanics, you just put forth vague and utterly meaningless statements that do not prove anything but your incompetence, dishonesty and the inability to use your brain for anything beyond writing out words.

People hate Brawl for more than just wavedashing. There are dozens of reasons to dislike that game even if you are not some tourney whore who wants to turn the series into yet another Street Fighter clone with Nintendo characters. It's is slower, it has tripping, the stages are full of more random and frustrating events, instead of events that are telegraphed well in advance so the player know they're coming (like in AR, Power Stone, Smash 64/Melee), you can cheese certain characters movements to such a point that not only is the game broken, but it's also incredibly boring because it boils down to a super-conservative playstyle.

tl;dr get better or get out!

@ Boodendorf

Are you gonna do any kind of tutorial for stuns? Or is there any post I should read about them? I'm getting the hang off it, but there are some things I'm still unsure of.

Oh and what's the exact method for grab teching? As far as I know, it's simply press B and nothing else, though from my experience this seems kind of inconsistent, mashing B doesn't work, and I'm no entirely sure when you can tech and when it's too late. Plus it seems like certain grabs like those of Douglas or the ground pummel can't be teched.
#78Lun-SeiPosted 2/2/2013 11:57:09 AM
Boodendorf posted...
EX_Bortthog posted...
troll thread successful

Pretty much yeah.

Yeah seriously. I know I'm just doing this myself right now, but how about we all stop writing in this topic?
---
Lun-Sei's FIIIIIGHT channel --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9DCCF0AF186E6967
#79Number4RocketPosted 2/2/2013 2:23:34 PM(edited)
EX_Bortthog posted...
The only difference being that Melee is a much better game.

opinion =/= fact

You can like checkers more then chess, but if you try to argue that checkers makes up a better and deeper game experience you're a moron. Touting opinion =/= fact does not alleviate that but extenuates it.

masterdevil007 posted...

Oh and what's the exact method for grab teching? As far as I know, it's simply press B and nothing else, though from my experience this seems kind of inconsistent, mashing B doesn't work, and I'm no entirely sure when you can tech and when it's too late. Plus it seems like certain grabs like those of Douglas or the ground pummel can't be teched.

Wait for the cutscene, then press the button. If you are grabbed by a charged two-person grab of a large character, wait until the grab cutscene starts, do not press the button while they are dragging your face across the ground.

Lun-Sei posted...

Yeah seriously. I know I'm just doing this myself right now, but how about we all stop writing in this topic?

Only a matter of time before the next one would pop up.
#80ObLiViOn418Posted 2/2/2013 3:56:44 PM
EX_Bortthog posted...
everyone in this thread except Boodendorf and Gen is a complete moron

/cry I thought we were Arcana Bros! /sadlife
---
Playstation Network Identification: ThienThan
Justin.tv: Shugotenshi ~ Twitter: Shugotenshi714 ~ Youtube: ThienThan ~ Steam: ThienThan