Got back from playing the MGR:R demo...

#1EnyalbPosted 2/1/2013 10:22:20 PM
And CHRIST, was it different compared to Anarchy Reigns:
- 60 FPS, always glorious.
- Not much of a way to do combos.
- A bit more stealthier (DUR) and aggressive than Anarchy Reigns.
- No dodge or guard button... Which caused me to die on that one boss twice.
- DAT SLICE 'N DICE ACTION. Everything is cut clean and crisp, allowing you to see the greatest detail of a enemy or watermelon... Until it fades out to existence.
Good thing I got the Zone of the Enders HD collection, or else I wouldn't have played this demo. XD
---
* Insert witty anime/video game reference here *
PSN ID: BLAYNEproject
#2Gen2000Posted 2/1/2013 10:47:39 PM(edited)
You can dodge but it's more a side-step plus attack action but you're invincible during it, I forget the command since it's a been while (and rarely used it) but think it was something like Weak Attack + Jump.

The parry function eliminates any need for a normal guard button, the opening window of it is very lenient with that thing.

Going into with the Bayonetta/DMC mindset for combos is wrong, it's more Ninja Gaiden-ish where the focus is quick, efficient killing instead of showboating though you can do some cool stuff with Blade Mode Canceling mixing it into the attacks or attack strings.

Hoping it was just an issue with the demo that be will ironed out later but when doing all that slicing and dicing action sometimes the framerate becomes horrible, if not outright freeze the game.

The demo been out the public for a while now on PSN.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#3Enyalb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:19:04 AM
Gen2000 posted...
You can dodge but it's more a side-step plus attack action but you're invincible during it, I forget the command since it's a been while (and rarely used it) but think it was something like Weak Attack + Jump.

The parry function eliminates any need for a normal guard button, the opening window of it is very lenient with that thing.

Going into with the Bayonetta/DMC mindset for combos is wrong, it's more Ninja Gaiden-ish where the focus is quick, efficient killing instead of showboating though you can do some cool stuff with Blade Mode Canceling mixing it into the attacks or attack strings.

Hoping it was just an issue with the demo that be will ironed out later but when doing all that slicing and dicing action sometimes the framerate becomes horrible, if not outright freeze the game.

The demo been out the public for a while now on PSN.

Well it's just that a game being developed by Platinum you'd think it would be somewhat like hack 'n slash games... But I guess that's due to my muscle memory. I'll give credit to them for creating something unique like this.

I'm aware of the Parry and Side step, it just feels really odd to do it with the attack button. I haven't seen any frame rate issue sure blade mode, but then again it's why everything fades out quickly because the frame rate would drop. Try cutting a car or something and the chunks of it will slowly disappear. On a different note, that scene where you get a codec call and you're able to walk around during it? Raiden can apparently moonwalk.

Also what? It's been out on PSN? If it's free then WTF! I just paid good money on the demo that came with a free hd collection bonus!
---
* Insert witty anime/video game reference here *
PSN ID: BLAYNEproject
#4DelusioNzorszorPosted 2/2/2013 9:45:27 AM(edited)
People who bought ZoE HD DID have early access, but that was a few months ago. The MGR demo was released to the public last tuesday.

Edit: Don't feel too bad though, ZOE's are both awesome games from what I hear, especially if you like over the top crap like P* is known for.
---
PSN: FearForDignity