Having trouble getting renown!

#1IpartiedeasyPosted 5/9/2011 10:24:12 AM
So i'am new to this series and getting renown has been a pita for me. I thought buying a new horse would increase my speed on the map but no so iam still having trouble catching bandits, i level pathfinding but I'll need more levels before i can do it again. I can't take on any of the castles or armies with 70 units and caravans are always protected or give like 3 renown. Any tips other than cheating the game?
#2SwagnificentPosted 5/9/2011 11:01:00 AM
Switch out any infantry/marksmen you have for cavalry. Equip them with bows or pistols, enjoy hunting deserters/looters/brigands.
#3SwagnificentPosted 5/9/2011 11:09:22 AM
Also, cut down on the number of troops you have with you, more troops = less renown when you encounter smaller groups. Around 20 cavalry with good armor will do the trick most of the time.
#4Guardian of HyrulePosted 5/9/2011 8:23:31 PM
You can easily get a ton of reknown just by fighting Looters alone. They don't have any ranged weapons (They don't even throw rocks this time!) so they're almost impossible to lose to if you use a Bow or Gun.

Just tackle groups of 7-9 looters by yourself and you'll be getting 4-6 reknown every fight.

If I remember right, you only need about 25 or so reknown to become a Vassal anyway...
---
We can all learn something from the Legend of Zelda and it's triforce, Power is nothing without the courage and wisdom to make use of it...