Eating meat question (spoilers?)

#1bleeblePosted 5/2/2012 4:29:54 PM
I'm a couple towers in and I have a question: why cant they cook the meat in some fashion then eat it?

It just seems stupid to eat raw meat, but then i guess it wouldnt be as hardcore. Cooking it shouldn't make it lose any of its curse stopping power. Dry meat doesnt do much, but what if you cooked it like a steak? The saying "a big, juicy steak" comes to mind, so if it has its juices in tact i dont see what the problem is.

Do they ever explore this theory or cook it later? you could even make chunky monster stew, or cook it very slightly and have monster sashimi for the gourmet monster flesh connoisseur. I know shes never eaten meat before but you know. Grilling would also probably taste pretty good, or maybe even make monster fleshkabobs.

I'm hungry now
#2Brennan88Posted 5/2/2012 4:43:12 PM
I think I recall it being mentioned that the meats only effective at removing/halting the curse raw. If I did hear it in-game then it would be along those lines roughly.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4169 0388 3479
#3bleeble(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 1:24:12 AM
Oh that's possible, any idea when it was said? I'd guess probably at the beginning.
#4Brennan88Posted 5/3/2012 1:36:42 AM
Going off memory it was at the initial meat eating scene. I mean the one before you take on Treetop for real.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4169 0388 3479
#5bleeble(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 2:05:19 AM
I just redid the whole beginning sequence and she didnt say anything about eating it raw. she said it was fresh flesh from a beast but didnt specify it had to be eaten raw, just to eat it. She says to just sell it to her before it dries out.

I think I just found a major hole in the story.
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/3/2012 2:14:03 AM
Nah man, the gameplay itself shows the more lifelike the meat is, the more effective. Heck, the most effective kind is called Pulsating Flesh. Cooking it would pretty much kill the point of that.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#7bleeble(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 2:29:48 AM
well even so you wouldnt have to eat it straight out like that, you could do sushi, sashimi, even a nice pate' of beast flesh. Better yet you could make a sammich and put some ketchup, mustard or mayo on the thing. I'm sure mavda could sell you some of that, unless rice, bread and condiments dont exist in that world.
#8BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/3/2012 2:32:57 AM
Well, Elena is vegetarian so it would be disgusting either way to her. Although the idea of them taking their time neatly arranging a plate of meat while her curse worsens is golden. :P
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#9bleeble(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 2:42:18 AM
okay she can have a salad with beast flesh mixed in and ranch dressing on the side. the curse doesnt progress so long as you are at the observitory so it would not worsen. :P
#10MidgardDragon99Posted 5/3/2012 2:56:16 AM
A vegetarian that is disgusted by eating meat doesn't want to doll it up and make it tastier. It's morally reprehensible to her, whether it tastes bad or not. When she starts developing a taste for it later on even then she's disgusted by herself for feeling that way after she initially devours it.

In fact cooking it would probably be even more reprehensible to her because then you'd be intentionally using it as food and not as a forced medicine to cure a horrible curse. It's hardly a hole in the plot, it just never comes up because one can easily infer that she would *not want to eat cooked meat any more than she wants to eat it raw*.