Mavda, all this time I thought... *spoiler*

#1ExternicaPosted 5/9/2012 5:20:04 AM
... you were evil all along.

Seriously, an old hag who carries a living skeleton in a cauldron? Her "I know more than you think, but won't admit it"-attitude? That creepy laugh of hers? And her interest in "helping" Aeron and Helena?

I'm glad I was wrong all this time, since I liked Mavda somehow. I expected her to be the final boss, you know. At least I was right that Helena eating all pieces of master flesh sounded to easy to be true. ^^"

(Beaten this game yesterday with the best ending. I hope affinity doesn't carry over, I'd really like to see the other endings, without the need of dropping said affinity.)
#2LukathegreatPosted 5/9/2012 6:01:33 AM(edited)
Well, in one of the endings (B or C?) she's not quite good as it seems.

But affinity carries over, yeah. Dropping it is easy, just give Elena disgusting things like bones and such, it will drop in no time, but be sure to see ending A before B and so on, otherwise you have to raise it again.
And giving her the "old wood" thing you found in the final tower will raise it to the maximum, at least, that's what I've heard, I gave it to her when it was already at the top, lol.
#3Externica(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 6:01:30 AM
Hm... figured as much.
Considering what happens in the best ending and that Mavda isn't what I'd call selfless...
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/9/2012 9:00:48 AM
Ending C, and the Old Wood "only" raises the bar by two levels. However, you can raise it pretty easily with that plus the other gifts you can only get her in a new game plus. And dropping it is extremely easy, give her a Large Bone or a Beast Fang and you'll see it decrease all the way to level 0 in a couple minutes (when you give her one of those items, she gives it back to Aeron, so you don't even waste it and can use just one to make the bar drop all the way).
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5Externica(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 10:29:25 AM
Thanks for the affinity hints, guys. ^-^"

But let's go back to Mavda, this topic was intended to be all about her. ^^"
(I should learn not to write so much...)
#6bond007106Posted 5/9/2012 2:26:45 PM(edited)
Externica posted...
Thanks for the affinity hints, guys. ^-^"

But let's go back to Mavda, this topic was intended to be all about her. ^^"
(I should learn not to write so much...)

She had ulterior motives, certainly, but she's far from evil. She never lied to Aeron and Elena, she was just somewhat sparing with the truth. It was in her best interests, too, that Aeron and Elena survive, after all.
Also, that man in the pot is her husband. Something happened to him a long time ago, on which she won't elaborate (well, she tells you a story about it at one point if you talk to her, but I'm of the opinion that most of what she says about how it happened is lies), and she's been carrying him around like that ever since (now that's devotion for you).
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#7Sux138Posted 5/11/2012 5:44:02 AM
the real question should be... what she does with all that meat?
#8Externica(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2012 6:29:51 AM
Sux138 posted...
the real question should be... what she does with all that meat?

I always thought there are others suffering from the curse and Mavda simply buys it from Aeron, to sell it to those poor saps for profit.
Or it's a delicacy in meat eating countries. (As far as I know Elyria is the only country where flesh isn't on the menu.)

After all, there's a market for everything. Hee hee hee.
#9LukathegreatPosted 5/11/2012 9:16:23 AM
She sells it to Gordon Ramsay.