Do you think Aeron is left- or right-handed?

#1BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/13/2012 3:15:48 PM
A silly topic born out of curiosity: I've noticed Aeron wields the sword in his left hand, so that would imply he's left-handed. However, he uses the chain with his right arm/hand, including pointing and shooting it. Which do you think is his dominant hand? Cause I'm a lefty and I think I'd be more comfortable using the opposite set-up as Aeron's. What about you?
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#2SilbePosted 5/13/2012 4:32:24 PM
I'm right handed and i think i'd use the opposite set up too. I guess Aeron is ambidextrous.
#3Rikkus_dadPosted 5/16/2012 3:49:58 AM
I'm right handed and I think I'd feel more comfortable with the sword in my left and whip in my right.
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#4bond007106Posted 5/16/2012 3:43:16 PM
Rikkus_dad posted...
I'm right handed and I think I'd feel more comfortable with the sword in my left and whip in my right.

Really? I'm right handed, and I'd feel the exact opposite.
You need fine control and quite a bit of brute strength to wield a sword properly, two reasons why using your dominant hand for it is the wiser decision. The chain, however, just needs a steady hand (for aiming) and enough strength to pull it back, for it would be fine on your weaker arm.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#5Rikkus_dadPosted 5/16/2012 6:19:11 PM
bond007106 posted...
Rikkus_dad posted...

You need fine control and quite a bit of brute strength to wield a sword properly, two reasons why using your dominant hand for it is the wiser decision. The chain, however, just needs a steady hand (for aiming) and enough strength to pull it back, for it would be fine on your weaker arm.

I just can't see myself using a whip/chain in my left hand effectively at all. The wider range of motion when you whip in front of you is comparable to throwing, and I can't throw with my left arm for ****, it just feels weird and awkward. With a sword, even though it required strength to wield, the movements can be more subtle and it would still be effective. With a whip/chain you have to go full out with your arm or you won't get the full distance and speed.

I haven't actually played this game yet so I'm not sure what kind of chain and sword he uses, and I've never tried using a whip like weapon in my left hand. It's all speculation of course :)
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#6bond007106Posted 5/16/2012 7:55:36 PM
Rikkus_dad posted...
bond007106 posted...
Rikkus_dad posted...

I just can't see myself using a whip/chain in my left hand effectively at all. The wider range of motion when you whip in front of you is comparable to throwing, and I can't throw with my left arm for ****, it just feels weird and awkward. With a sword, even though it required strength to wield, the movements can be more subtle and it would still be effective. With a whip/chain you have to go full out with your arm or you won't get the full distance and speed.

I haven't actually played this game yet so I'm not sure what kind of chain and sword he uses, and I've never tried using a whip like weapon in my left hand. It's all speculation of course :)

Ah, that explains it.
The chain is launched from a device strapped to Aeron's forearm, sort if like the hookshot from Legend of Zelda, except he doesn't have to hold it in hold hand. There is no 'whipping' involved.
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri
#7nugroPosted 5/17/2012 2:49:56 AM
Yeah he shoot it, and I think I'll be more comfortable with the chain in my left and sword in right.

But then again, he mostly use his sword two handed anyway so I guess having it on the right is the best.