So is this gonna be rated M?

#1Numbuh100Posted 1/18/2013 8:59:52 AM
I see partial nudity in the trailer and blood as well. It doesn't look teen to me. But it doesn't matter, I'm already an adult. It's just that I think it may hurt sales if some teens can't get their hands on it.
---
In New England Patriots We Trust
http://i.imgur.com/qIlcy.jpg?1%3F8553
#2egpNoodlezPosted 1/18/2013 9:03:33 AM
In England it's 12, don't see why they would change it from somewhere around T to M.

The partial nudity is very minor, technically you see Elena's monster nipples, but they're all monstery and stuff, although you can sometimes catch a nip slip when she reverts from monster to human.

Oter than that, standard blood in games and stuff, Ocarina of Time had the same kind of monster blood. Only difference is the monster flesh, although I don't see anything that demands a "mature" gamer, it's just this **** will be a little freaky to the ones just coming into their teens.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#3Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:05:19 AM
Awesome.
---
In New England Patriots We Trust
http://i.imgur.com/qIlcy.jpg?1%3F8553
#4Bahamut_10thPosted 1/18/2013 9:12:25 AM
SPOILERS
I wouldn't say it's just as creepy as Ocarina of Time. I know for sure in Ocarina of Time you don't see anyone eating a pulsating flesh with a painful expression and growing addicted to it...
#5ExternicaPosted 1/18/2013 12:04:05 PM
egpNoodlez posted...
In England it's 12, don't see why they would change it from somewhere around T to M.

The ESRB has different standards, than PEGI or the german USK.
For example: Persona 3 is ratet mature because of blood and nudity.
For example: In the first block of Tartarus, at there are red puddles, which look like blood and the first barrier has a waterfall made of blood in the background.
And then there's at least one female Persona (Yaksini, I believe) that has a bare chest and her artwork shows her nipples and then there's Mara.
Oh, and don't forget that there are two or three characters that are shot.

This game was rated 12 at the USK and I believe 12 at Pegi. However, FES was rated 16, because the opening of the Answer shows Aigis shooting at Ken - and I believe there was blood to be seen. All versions are rated 12 in germany.

The nudity of PT is even more minor than P3's. But there is blood, although it's purple and you're ripping out the enemy's hearts. This in return is for Elena to eat and the game gladly shows you how she bites the flesh.
Now, I'm german and I have no clue how the guidelines of the ESRB work. But if we look at P3 and compare it to PT, they are similar in their violence. So a mature-rating is possible.
#6AxtlarPosted 1/18/2013 12:09:20 PM
Honestly, if the blood wasn't purple, it'd easily rank M.
#7PaperLink64Posted 1/18/2013 12:12:34 PM
It's a high T at the most.

It'd have to be over-the-top blood and gore for the M-rating consideration, which I highly doubt this game has.
---
~The Sage of Wind~
YKDDP ~ The Sacred Realm
#8ggf162Posted 1/22/2013 11:11:53 PM
I see partial nudity in the trailer and blood as well. It doesn't look teen to me. But it doesn't matter, I'm already an adult. It's just that I think it may hurt sales if some teens can't get their hands on it.

Beyond Divinity was rated M here, but only a PEGI 12+, so I suppose it's possible. I would bet on PT getting a T, personally.
---
Poster below me is a privick
#9Phasmatis92Posted 1/23/2013 12:11:54 AM
It would be an easy R if you changed the purple monster blood/flesh to red. ;)
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#10Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/23/2013 1:14:15 AM(edited)
It'd have to be over-the-top blood and gore for the M-rating consideration, which I highly doubt this game has.

Neptunia Mk2 and Persona 3 were rated M, despite having nothing that really warranted more than a T. Also, the Halo series.