I got a tower eleven freeze as well. But I might have figured a fix.

#1mtjormitchPosted 4/22/2013 7:46:30 PM
Thanks to i23isback for his efforts I stopped after first freeze to now write this. (Which did in fact happen at tower eleven.) But thanks to his idea about events I think I have proven that there is in fact a possible fix. It involves creating any cutscene event with Elena. The one I managed to do is have her eat some flesh and then sleep until she wakes up. I managed to fix it and manage to get in the tower again.

So kudos has to be given to i23isback. He might have discovered a sure fire way to fix this if I can do this dungeon fast enough to just not get back there again.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:26:39 PM
Just tested, His method works completely. What you need to to is get an event with Elena and this... somehow stops the freezing. Quickly get the dungeon done because I have no idea if this is permanent fix or not.

Xseed... yeah... you guys. I know you will be reading this. I am not happy that I have had to unplug my system twice just to turn it off like that. Not cool. At all. Either ship out free patch discs in the mail or when you make a reissue please fix this. Just know that if this happens with another one of your games you will lose your fanbase faster than anyone can believe. This is not a warning. But it is the future if you deny the fact that you guys messed up and are unwilling to listen to reason. I love you guys. Please don't become bad like so many publishers out there

Also, another thing you should do. Is flat out recall the discs, they clearly all have this glitch and that most reviewers were lucky at best. This kinda does need a recall for how bad these glitches are.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#3Numbuh100Posted 4/22/2013 8:44:49 PM
How do I get an event with Elena at that moment?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#4mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:48:51 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
How do I get an event with Elena at that moment?

It's really random. But giving her flesh and then waking up with her tends to cause one. Or any event really it seems. As long as it is a cutscene of some kind! Again. I may be wrong and this game was just... borked so damn much I don't even know.
---
#5RPGNinja123Posted 4/22/2013 9:10:03 PM(edited)
mtjormitch posted...
Just tested, His method works completely. What you need to to is get an event with Elena and this... somehow stops the freezing. Quickly get the dungeon done because I have no idea if this is permanent fix or not.

Xseed... yeah... you guys. I know you will be reading this. I am not happy that I have had to unplug my system twice just to turn it off like that. Not cool. At all. Either ship out free patch discs in the mail or when you make a reissue please fix this. Just know that if this happens with another one of your games you will lose your fanbase faster than anyone can believe. This is not a warning. But it is the future if you deny the fact that you guys messed up and are unwilling to listen to reason. I love you guys. Please don't become bad like so many publishers out there

Also, another thing you should do. Is flat out recall the discs, they clearly all have this glitch and that most reviewers were lucky at best. This kinda does need a recall for how bad these glitches are.

I couldnt agree more I love XSEED but this really happened? Its a shame cuz its such a good game that should be enjoy by more people but this isnt exactly a good way to show that.

At least the Europeans had a non buggy game for once (I have the 3DS and some of those games for Europe were horrible buggy messes)

Btw great additional work adding onto what the previous gentleman started with the trying to fix the freeze I am probably going to get started on playing it tomorrow even though I am reluctant to rip open the packaging with no fix in sight.
---
It's a beautiful time to be a 3DS owner.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#6mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:03:08 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
mtjormitch posted...

I couldnt agree more I love XSEED but this really happened? Its a shame cuz its such a good game that should be enjoy by more people but this isnt exactly a good way to show that.

At least the Europeans had a non buggy game for once (I have the 3DS and some of those games for Europe were horrible buggy messes)

Btw great additional work adding onto what the previous gentleman started with the trying to fix the freeze I am probably going to get started on playing it tomorrow even though I am reluctant to rip open the packaging with no fix in sight.

Thank you. I was hoping to be one of the few people that did not suffer such glitches. Sadly. I was not. But I did in fact manage to beat the 11 and 12 towers pretty quickly. Honestly, the cutscene fix is all I can think to stop it from happening.

But yeah, I think this glitch isn't something serious either. I think this is like... one or two lines of code gone slightly haywire when doing checks or what have you. But damn... how is it not obvious there are glitches to the Xseed though? How was it not obvious?
---
#7RPGNinja123Posted 4/22/2013 10:07:32 PM
mtjormitch posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
mtjormitch posted...

Thank you. I was hoping to be one of the few people that did not suffer such glitches. Sadly. I was not. But I did in fact manage to beat the 11 and 12 towers pretty quickly. Honestly, the cutscene fix is all I can think to stop it from happening.

But yeah, I think this glitch isn't something serious either. I think this is like... one or two lines of code gone slightly haywire when doing checks or what have you. But damn... how is it not obvious there are glitches to the Xseed though? How was it not obvious?

Another telling thing is on XSEED's twitter account they have not posted anything since the 18th and that last message said...

"So Pandora's Tower should be in many of your hands by now. What do you guys think? Is it not a thing of beauty?"

They shouldn't have jumped the gun with a statement like that lol.
---
#8RPGman1Posted 4/23/2013 4:37:47 AM
To be fair, sometimes bugs slip through, some worse than others. Xseed is well aware of the problem and apology statements have been made on their forums about the issue.
They haven't been denying anything.

They're a very small company, so I can understand why something might have slipped through.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#9RPGNinja123Posted 4/23/2013 8:02:33 AM
RPGman1 posted...
To be fair, sometimes bugs slip through, some worse than others. Xseed is well aware of the problem and apology statements have been made on their forums about the issue.

They're a very small company, so I can understand why something might have slipped through.

Where exactly is this statement? Because I have not seen anything from them.
---
#10RPGman1Posted 4/23/2013 8:14:31 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
RPGman1 posted...

Where exactly is this statement? Because I have not seen anything from them.

http://xseedgames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?47-Pandora-s-Tower

The glitches thread and the Pandora's Tower Discussion topic both contain posts by Wyrdwad, who is an Xseed employee. He is aware of and embarrassed by the mistake, and he has admitted that they don't know how they missed this.

Granted, I would prefer that they had caught this in the first place, but life doesn't always work out that way. Mistakes do happen.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!