Is it just me or...

#11RPGNinja123Posted 5/12/2013 6:18:05 PM
steambot05 posted...
Hawke0 posted...
The people at my Gamestop are pretty cool. When I bought PT, I actually got into a discussion with them about PT, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Fatal Frame 4. I recently went down there and noticed they had a 2 for 1 deal on PS2 games, but since most of the games had no cases and weren't on the shelves he printed me off a list of all the PS2 games they had. I got Shadow of the Colossus for just $15, and half a dozen other games for another $15.

When people say stuff like this about their local Gamestops, I get sad. Because most of the Gamestops where I live suck :( Is Shadow of Colossus really $15 without its case? Seems a little expensive. I actually got that game when it first came out when I was in middle school. Good to know I made some good decisions back then haha.

The good gamestops tend to be in areas where there isn't a big city or the area is just industrialized enough that the people aren't too dull but they aren't too overworked or cranky either.
---
It's a beautiful time to be a 3DS owner.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#12steambot05(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 1:58:40 PM
Yeah that makes sense. Off topic but, can someone tell me why one of my messages was deleted?!
#13ExternicaPosted 5/14/2013 4:55:41 AM
steambot05 posted...
Yeah that makes sense. Off topic but, can someone tell me why one of my messages was deleted?!

You should have a notification why one of your posts was deleted.
I THINK I read your post the other day but can't remember what you wrote.
#14steambot05(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 12:33:28 PM
Ah, I see now. Sorry, I'm new.
#15Kitsune_ShinraPosted 5/14/2013 2:52:46 PM
My gamestop (the one I recently started working at this year) knew about it. It's prolly the only gamestop I have ever really liked in honesty. The people are pretty knowledgeable, one of the guys is great with under the radar games, and even prints up little things about them before they release, or even right after, to leave on the counter for people to see to get wrd out on them. It's pretty cool. :)
---
Black 2 FC : 4599 7888 9156 name: Janelle
Dex Filler, DWF Breeder, Trade Evolver, and Transfer Helper (Including gen 4-5) in Foveroula & Acids PAWN SHOP :D
#16aiyobroPosted 5/14/2013 4:52:40 PM
They actually had a white paper at the counter with the games box art and font
that said the game was available at my store when it first came out
#17Mindwipe77Posted 5/17/2013 6:05:41 AM
stop acting so high n mighty TC, this is a niche game that even some gamers will never hear of, so stop acting like you're better then everyone else.
---
Now playing-DCUO, Injustice GAU,Sacred Citadel
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Dragons Crown,PS4
#18steambot05(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 2:25:44 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
stop acting so high n mighty TC, this is a niche game that even some gamers will never hear of, so stop acting like you're better then everyone else.

Yes, I'm way better than everyone else (sarcasm in case you don't see it) because I know more about a new game than retail employees who sell games and received it a couple weeks ago. It's just that, usually in retail, the company and its employees are expected to know what new products they have and are selling. If PT was a used game and was a couple years or months old, I wouldn't blame the employees one bit. But come on...this a new game. And stop talking like a 13-year-old: "stop acting like you're better than everyone else", really?

Not trying to offend you btw.
#19JusticeLeaguer8Posted 5/18/2013 3:13:09 PM
I've been to Gamestops where the people working there knew all about niche JRPGs (which was a huge surprise to me), and others where if it wasn't named Call of Duty you had to talk to them VERY SLOWLY to get them to understand what it is that you wanted.

Still, at least Pandora's Tower has an easy name (except for Best Buy, apparently). I had no end of trouble when I tried to track down a copy of Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel.