My prediction came true *what a shock*...

#21AxtlarPosted 8/27/2013 1:20:15 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

While that is a true statement this had a game breaking bug that had no permanent workaround. Big difference.

Also you have the PAL version, it is easy for you not to care when you had the bug free version in terms of the Dawn Dusk Towers not freezing.

So of course you wouldn't care if people had the bug. And a majority of NTSC users experienced the bug.

There's been many workarounds in various threads. Many of them claim it works every time. Nor have I seen statistics indicating that most NTSC users have experienced the freeze glitch.
#22RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 4:28:30 PM
Axtlar posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

While that is a true statement this had a game breaking bug that had no permanent workaround. Big difference.

Also you have the PAL version, it is easy for you not to care when you had the bug free version in terms of the Dawn Dusk Towers not freezing.

So of course you wouldn't care if people had the bug. And a majority of NTSC users experienced the bug.

There's been many workarounds in various threads. Many of them claim it works every time. Nor have I seen statistics indicating that most NTSC users have experienced the freeze glitch.

As I said before using the term "workaround" is a lie. They don't work 100% of the time for EVERYONE and I have yet to find one that did work in all of those various threads you mentioned.

Nobody is saying that its a bad thing to try and attempt to find workarounds, but as far as the true definition of a workaround, none has been found yet.

Once again because you have the PAL version you assume that a workaround has made everything fine and dandy when that is not the case. You are numb to the struggles that people have with NTSC version.
---
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add)
If Obamacare is so amazing, how come nobody in Congress abides by it?
#23AxtlarPosted 8/29/2013 8:30:36 PM(edited)
RPGNinja123 posted...
Axtlar posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

As I said before using the term "workaround" is a lie. They don't work 100% of the time for EVERYONE and I have yet to find one that did work in all of those various threads you mentioned.

Nobody is saying that its a bad thing to try and attempt to find workarounds, but as far as the true definition of a workaround, none has been found yet.

Once again because you have the PAL version you assume that a workaround has made everything fine and dandy when that is not the case. You are numb to the struggles that people have with NTSC version.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620591-pandoras-tower/66125249

Here's a few. Several of them have found solutions to their own copies. Either everyone else is lying or it's just you.

Speaking of which, how did you get past the glitch?

Oh, and where did you get the idea that most people have encountered the glitch?
#24RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 8:36:24 AM
Axtlar posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
Axtlar posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620591-pandoras-tower/66125249

Here's a few. Several of them have found solutions to their own copies. Either everyone else is lying or it's just you.

Speaking of which, how did you get past the glitch?

Oh, and where did you get the idea that most people have encountered the glitch?

I got past the glitch through my own techniques which don't even work 100% of the time I just hoped and prayed for the best. You don't need to point out any workaround threads to me because I have seen and read them all and they don't work 100% of the time.

That thread is actually one of the earliest "workaround" threads which is a lie because none of them work 100% of the time.

All you have to do is look around on the internet Axtlar to every copy of NTSC has the glitch, its only the lucky ones that don't encounter it. People all say the same thing, great game but ruined by a game breaking glitch.

Once again you keep ignoring that there are no workarounds that work 100% of the time and for everyone, that is NOT a workaround.

I noticed you didn't post the threads of the "workaround" topics I posted in which were several because they were all a farce.

I just did a bunch of random stuff to get through the towers and even then I had to memorize in one shot how to do everything before time ran out because I knew it would freeze again.

So let me know when you find a workaround that works 100% of the time and for everyone.

Here is a hint, you will never find one, the glitch is complicated and is different for everyone that encounters it. Gamebreaking indeed.
---
#25AxtlarPosted 8/30/2013 9:06:42 AM
Except it's not a gamebreaking glitch. Let's face the facts, this isn't Bethesda we're dealing with. Now those are gamebreaking and in spite of constant patches, there are still no 100% workarounds for those. However, you don't see any of their players flipping their **** over it.

And you still haven't mentioned how you got past the freeze glitch. It certainly wasn't gamebreaking in your case, was it?

Furthermore, you still don't have any evidence suggesting that the glitch is even common to begin with. Yet we do have multiple solutions to it that players have reported to work for them.
#26RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 3:35:16 PM(edited)
Axtlar posted...
Except it's not a gamebreaking glitch. Let's face the facts, this isn't Bethesda we're dealing with. Now those are gamebreaking and in spite of constant patches, there are still no 100% workarounds for those. However, you don't see any of their players flipping their **** over it.

And you still haven't mentioned how you got past the freeze glitch. It certainly wasn't gamebreaking in your case, was it?

Furthermore, you still don't have any evidence suggesting that the glitch is even common to begin with. Yet we do have multiple solutions to it that players have reported to work for them.

It is gamebreaking, you can't even get through the towers without it freezing. Like I said before the workarounds are not 100% and don't work for everyone. You just said we have multiple solutions that work for people...what you failed to point out is they don't work 100% of the time because most people aren't interested in 4 or 5 playthroughs so they don't realize its not a real workaround. Fortunately I actually do test these things because I like to do multiple playthroughs of games and I can confirm there is no 100% workaround. Most people have moved on from this game as the Wii is dead so nobody is left here to even complain about it except people like me who like older games.

And Bethesda games are gamebreaking on PS3, not Xbox 360 or PC. Hence why you see people going crazy on PS3 boards and quitting the game because of it. So that is a terrible example.

I already said I tried a number of things and when none of those "workarounds" worked I literally just kept going to the dawk/dusk towers until it stopped freezing, unfortunately most people wouldn't wait after 20+ tries to get the game to work they would have quit by then.

So YES it is gamebreaking and stop pretending you have any idea how the glitch works when you have that PAL version.

---
#27AxtlarPosted 8/31/2013 7:49:04 PM(edited)
RPGNinja123 posted...

It is gamebreaking, you can't even get through the towers without it freezing. Like I said before the workarounds are not 100% and don't work for everyone. You just said we have multiple solutions that work for people...what you failed to point out is they don't work 100% of the time because most people aren't interested in 4 or 5 playthroughs so they don't realize its not a real workaround. Fortunately I actually do test these things because I like to do multiple playthroughs of games and I can confirm there is no 100% workaround. Most people have moved on from this game as the Wii is dead so nobody is left here to even complain about it except people like me who like older games.

If 4-5 playthroughs are required, then it's hardly gamebreaking. You just made the glitch seem less likely to occur by stating that.

RPGNinja123 posted...

And Bethesda games are gamebreaking on PS3, not Xbox 360 or PC. Hence why you see people going crazy on PS3 boards and quitting the game because of it. So that is a terrible example.

A simple google easily refutes that, unless you don't count people's countless personal experiences with it. Which have a landslide of evidence backing it up compared to PT's problem.

RPGNinja123 posted...

I already said I tried a number of things and when none of those "workarounds" worked I literally just kept going to the dawk/dusk towers until it stopped freezing, unfortunately most people wouldn't wait after 20+ tries to get the game to work they would have quit by then.

I don't remember ever seeing a thread where a person gives up trying to solve the glitch. I strongly believe someone would create a thread where they gave up if that were the case. Unless it's not so common as you would believe.

RPGNinja123 posted...

So YES it is gamebreaking and stop pretending you have any idea how the glitch works when you have that PAL version.

You don't know how it works either. To be more specific, no one seems to know how the glitch works. So no, having the PAL version has nothing to do with understanding if even an NTSC user doesn't understand the glitch.
#28RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 3:32:36 PM
Axtlar posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

If 4-5 playthroughs are required, then it's hardly gamebreaking. You just made the glitch seem less likely to occur by stating that.

RPGNinja123 posted...

A simple google easily refutes that, unless you don't count people's countless personal experiences with it. Which have a landslide of evidence backing it up compared to PT's problem.

RPGNinja123 posted...

I don't remember ever seeing a thread where a person gives up trying to solve the glitch. I strongly believe someone would create a thread where they gave up if that were the case. Unless it's not so common as you would believe.

RPGNinja123 posted...

You don't know how it works either. To be more specific, no one seems to know how the glitch works. So no, having the PAL version has nothing to do with understanding if even an NTSC user doesn't understand the glitch.

I do know how it works. Which is why I have said many times it doesn't work 100% of the time and there is no such thing as a workaround. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it is wrong. It just means you refuse to accept the truth which is why you are blinded by your PAL playthroughs because you are insensitive.
---
#29AxtlarPosted 9/1/2013 6:01:05 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...

I do know how it works. Which is why I have said many times it doesn't work 100% of the time and there is no such thing as a workaround. Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it is wrong. It just means you refuse to accept the truth which is why you are blinded by your PAL playthroughs because you are insensitive.

Even the devs don't know how the glitch works. Care to explain it for everyone else?

And I apologize for my insensitiveness.
#30RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 11:55:30 PM(edited)
Axtlar posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

Even the devs don't know how the glitch works. Care to explain it for everyone else?

And I apologize for my insensitiveness.

It's okay I know you aren't really "insensitive" I just think this game deserved a proper sendoff in NA version because it is really a great game.

Exactly the glitch is mysterious, so stop saying there is a workaround that works 100% of the time and it works for everyone because when you use the word " workaround" that is EXACTLY what you are saying.

Thanks for proving my point that the devs don't even know much about the glitch let alone finding a permanent solution which will never happen now.

I understand that solutions on the boards have worked for some people AT times but that doesn't mean its a 100% workaround or that it is the end all solution simply because the glitch is subject to change due to various unknown factors... AKA everyone has a different version of the glitch.

And so far nobody has been able to reliably repeat it. If you go back and look there was some guy whose name escapes me at the moment who claimed he was going to do some real research and solve the glitch since XSEED wouldn't do it. Needless to say he gave up within a few weeks.
---
More topics from this board...
BossesMartinIIIa512/5 4:40AM